Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

I agreed our recovered rate is wrong because we can’t afford to test healthy people. We are struggling to test sick people

If you aren’t going to answer the questions asked, please don’t bring up old points not relevant to the current discussion, that we’ve already gone over. Thanks

But I made that point, if you read my post!

I didn’t say we had to follow them, I just said we had a lot of similarities to them and they were considering it. I said capacity would be a consideration as well as making the recovery point.

I simply want a debate on this, not just a “let’s wait and see”.

You raised the Denmark comparison, I asked you relevant questions to the comparison. How does their testing and ICU compare? I’m debating not attacking your point.

Also we don’t know our test backlog as we changed our reasons for getting one, moving to WHO guidelines.

We had tested more than them up until yesterday per head of population.

The recovery rate is highly relevant as Ireland’s numbers suggest people go to hospital or ICU, and just stay there. You don’t need a test, if people are well enough to go home, or feel well enough at home, they should be in the recovered column.

Please read my post ffs.

Wrong. We have done more testing per head of population.

We just don’t have the recovered stats, I accept that’s a limitation, but i didn’t post that graph like you did above.

you haven’t mentioned anything about their ICU capacity or how long it takes for them to get a test result compared to us.

We have similar numbers in ICU. But do we have more or less beds?
We have tested more, but are their tests lagging by a week or more like ours are?

Once again, read my post. I address the limitations.

how many of our head of population have got their test results back? We had/have a huge backlog

once again, you haven’t answered the questions I asked.

Calm down mate. Ireland and Denmark are tracking closely and are in relatively good shape. There’s little to no evidence either country will see the death rates of Italy, Spain or France.

1 Like

He used Denmark as a comparison, with an open question to see if we could follow their lead in measures to reduce restrictions. I’ve very calmly asked him to answer questions pertinent to that. If he doesn’t know, that’s all he has to say.

I’ve done that while you’ve butted in a few times with non relevant points. As is your wont.

I’m still calm

Why is he letting super spreaders from England in

1 Like

People from Brazil too and the us are coming in daily while we are stuck at home and can’t go for a walk by the sea. It makes no sense.

1 Like

The questions you are asking are not pertinent to answering the original question. The relevant data is how many are being hospitalized daily, how many are going to ICU daily, how many are recovering and freeing up hospital beds and ICU daily, and how many are dying daily.

That’s the data that will determine when restrictions can be eased.

not how many beds there are? we could have the same number of critical cases and be at 75% of capacity, while they may be at 50%. I’m fully sure that will be the major variable in determining the relaxation of measures.

Also, if they have a shorter backlog and quicker result turnaround, they have a more condensed and accurate view of where they are.

Are you disagreeing with my points, or is it just the fact I’ve made them?

For example, the USA have the most capacity to deal with this. No one else can deal with the numbers they are seeing. If a country has more ICU capacity it hugely impacts their decisions and ability to deal with this, and also their ability to come out of draconian measures earlier.

Do you not agree with that?

Have you tried going for a walk in the sea?

That isn’t a very nice comment sid.

How? Walking in the sea, with waves lapping around your knees, is a wonderful simple pleasure.

1 Like