Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

I would love, LOVE, to see these lads in a World War

2 Likes

And I gave you the limited info we had, which actually said their capacity was more or less the same, whilst acknowledging this as a limitation.

And I had originally said that was a limitation. You came in at the very start with graphs which made no sense and were shrieking.

I asked why we weren’t having similar discussions as they are at a national level.

I wasnt shrieking.

You’re asking for debates and then when someone challenges you, you start attacking the man.

I haven’t been rude to you, despite the tone of your posts

Either you want a debate or you don’t

No I wasn’t.

I said you don’t bring them in too quickly and I trusted our public health experts.

I asked you, do you think our politicians aren’t having similar discussion?

this is our WW2 and lads are folding in September 1939

1 Like

But you aren’t challenging straight up.

They’re slitting their wrists on the beach at Dunkirk

Give us a ballpark figure there for what you think would be an appropiate number of daily new cases with a view to relaxing restrictions.

For me, single figures.

And obviously ICU capacity wuld have to be heavily factored into that. It seems to me that once ICUs reach capacity, they are going to remain at capacity at least for quite a while. And that’s a big problem in terms of lifting restrictions.

Here’s a thing. In the abandoned UK herd immunity strategy (which in reality is proceeding by stealth, like every other abhorrent Tory policy), one of the ideas floated was to set up mass centres for isolation of the elderly. They would literally be on their own for months while the virus worked its way through 60% of the “younger” population.

This was a “save the economy” argument. How would the mental health of the elderly fare as they lay on their own in a strange place for many months under this “save the economy” strategy, I wonder?

I am challenging straight up.

I haven’t accused you of shrieking. I’ve questioned the validity of your comparison with Denmark.

It turns out it was apt to do so as you weren’t aware they had restricted travel in Denmark.

You still don’t know their testing parameters.

You still should have said, Denmark are thinking about lifting restrictions and left it at that.

I don’t get why you’d use information like we have a similar sized population, the virus is spreading at the same rate etc to push a line of thought like you have, without knowing more.

Anyone would think you had an agenda

We need to fight the enemy with our bodies, and our minds.

Forget about the bookies, fuck the cinemas - we need to fight this bastard.

1 Like

When the did inserting the words “shriek”, “scream”, “hysterical” etc. in an effort to mask a lack of argument become a thing on this forum?

I’d say it was around the latter part of 2015, when coincidentally @Tim_Riggins, @labane1917, @maroonandwhite and @ironmoth were all beginning to make large numbers of posts here.

you can see a few lads here tonight have their head in their hands and can see no way out

If I recall correctly there is a 20-30 recovery period, youd have to be at least 30 days ahead of this thing to even think about opening up, and that’s with massive amounts of quick turnaround testing.

We’re still blind as to what’s around the corner based on our testing and you’ve lads bateing down the doors looking to get into pubs

1 Like

“I’m trying to have a debate with you but you’re screaming at me and are hysterical”

All I said was would you like a cup of tea

See my posts on this, this is exactly what I said.

I think some people are in the wrong thread, and think this is the main thread. It isn’t, it’s for those who are willing to step back from the hysteria and think rationally.

We have governments who ignored the threat of a pandemic, didn’t prepare for one, didn’t recognize one as it was developing, believed the absolute head in the sand rubbish from the WHO, and then when it was too late developed their response based on models from a bunch of discredited academic clowns in London. Yet somehow we should trust they are doing the right things to avoid a global depression, which would actually result in countless millions dead. I for one think that should be questioned.

The next person who says we are going to be Italy in two weeks should be taken out and beaten. Why would Ireland become like Italy, rather than say Denmark or Norway, two countries of similar population and population density? Think long and hard, are we more like Denmark as a country or more like Italy?

If this disease were as deadly as some suggest (like the WHO with their 3.4% mortality rate), considering the fact that the virus was allowed run unchecked for two or possibly three months, there would be several million to tens of millions dead already. As it is the total global number dead is the same as a bad flu season in the US. People need to calm the fuck down and think rationally.

8 Likes

Oooft.

So again, why are the Danes thinking about it with remarkably similar numbers to us? Why are the Swedes still far more open?

Is the 30 day thing an absolute for you- or would ICU capacity change your view?