Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

What’s he saying so?

It looks to me like he is saying the “experiment” to save old people has failed.
So hes basically saying this isn’t real or a threat.

Is this some kind of cryptic shit that only lunatics can understand or something?

I don’t think you understand what hysteria means

The people who liked the post isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of your thesis

If you don’t know how many have had the virus you don’t know how many people have had the virus and have had no symptoms.

That’s fairly basic stuff.

Take one slug from a can of Tuborg.

It isn’t even remotely close to it

4 Likes

An entire generation of 80 and 90-year-olds have died senselessly?! You’re a gas man. If only they had locked down sooner, old Mrs. Bianchi, despite her underlying medical conditions and her 99 years, could have knocked about for another 20 years.

a mickey mouse lockdown

I see lads at home on Strava going for 2 runs a day and a cycle, how is that a lockdown? aswell as going to shop 3 times a day, there is minor infringement of civil liberties in Ireland

You’re an unmitigated freak, I won’t be engaging with you

1 Like

Well he should answer for himself, but I believe he’s questioning the numbers that people have taken for granted as if they are gospel, like potentially 500k dead in the UK and 2 -3 million dead in the US.

He’s questioning a response that may well result in a global depression that could actually cost millions or tens of millions of lives, in response to a disease that may not be as serious as we are led to believe. Yes, it’s killing older people, but is it killing older people at a rate that’s more than the normal rate of age related mortality?

There are all kinds of moral issues at play here, questioning them does not make one a mass murderer.

4 Likes

Will do.

Ok guys, pack it in.

4 Likes

Why didnt he just say that then and not encode in hate speech. I’m amazed you were able to decipher all that from “we need to let all the old people die”

i think you have to lady bird this even more for him

2 Likes

More hysteria.

Is it acceptable to you that Ireland allows 300-1,000 deaths from the flu every year, when if we were to lockdown from October to March, at least half of that number could be potentially saved?

Think about your answer.

1 Like

he didn’t say that all

There’s a lot of lads on here who just read things literally and have no sense of nuance.

1 Like

lads are gone hysterical

Magnificent

1 Like

This is about ICU capacity and the amount of people that will unnecessarily die prematurely if the virus is left run its course.

Doctors don’t have to choose to switch someone’s machine off during regular flu season to give the queue of people in the corridor a chance.

This isnt regular flu season. This is a global pandemic.

When you preface a post with “more hysteria”, it actual diminishes your point, at least to most reasonable people

Guys? A lot if posters saying death rate and density of population are linked…

Explain Singapore?

Estimated UK deaths in a do nothing situation were around 240k. Estimated UK deaths in a lockdown situation were around 40k.

Corresponding US figures were 2.2 million and 100-240k balllpark.

And that’s only in two countries.

People who can’t debate can talk about “hysteria” all they want.

Bottom line is that by doing what the OP here wants, you’d be sacrificing millions of lives.

That’s a holocaust in any rational person’s language. A deliberate decision to sacrifice millions of lives which could otherwise be saved is a holocaust.

Sometimes moral issues are extremely clear. This is one of those occasions.