Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

The bookies can stay closed for twelve months. It’s about being able to see friends and go for walks and do a little bit of work for most people. It’s very sad you’ve to resort to this though after being badly found out over the last two days.

He dug his heels in yesterday with peter pan and the lost boys. He’s guessing.

The start of the surge in Ireland is expected Easter weekend.

We are still in the calm before the storm and trying to limit the impact of it.

Ye all need to cool ye’re jets.

1 Like

Agreed 3 weeks today since I started WFH the weekends are the worst at least work kills the weekdays.

Found out?

The bottom line is authorities needs to see how they can slow the spread, perhaps figure out which sectors can or cannot get going again.
Learn about the Spread of it, whether it’s airborne etc.

You have social media to talk to your friends. You are projecting your own boredom into a narrative of getting the Country going again. Saying mental health will be an issue etc.

You need to do as your told.

https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/national-coronavirus-response-a-road-map-to-reopening/

This is where most of the ideas come from Harry fyi. It’s well worth a read, it’s a public health experts thoughts, not mine.

1 Like

No it won’t.

We were told the end of March would be Armageddon — then it was the first two weeks of April - now it’s being pushed out to April 20/21st? No doubt it will be pushed out to May in a few days — you lefty simpletons will swallow anything.

2 Likes

I’m curious why does the surge keep getting postponed? Is it possible they’ve no idea when the surge will be? (Not having a go just curious) We are in lock down for three weeks today pretty much. If we don’t see benefits Shortly I’d say the opposite could happen and people won’t take it as serious as they should.

Yes it will.

This is all reasonable stuff to debate but a massive change of tune from yesterday and your comment about wanting bookies being opened.

An Enterprise led report believing in getting on with business again, well I never.

What do you mean “if we don’t see the benefits”? Seeing the benefits means ICU isn’t overloaded and people aren’t dying in large numbers.

5 Likes

Do you realise how many are dying in France, Spain & Italy? You keep claiming Southern Italy is ready to break down ffs.

I mean If numbers keep surging while we are in lock down why will people bother to continue?

Were you? For Ireland? Didn’t see that. Anyway, Easter. Call it a TFK exclusive.

What? I’ve just told you, the surge hasn’t happened yet. It is expected to start to hit Easter weekend.

If people done obey lockdown then stricter measures are introduced. There are hefty on the spot fines in place in many countries across Europe, the same will happen in Ireland.

Open her up to fuck.

I think the surge is a byproduct of the delay in cases getting bad enough for ICU and the time it takes when you get to one to get out. I would trust the experts that it’ll be over the next week or so tbh.

What I posted on Denmark on their numbers on the other thread, and their close similarly to ours on all fronts, was that they are talking about phased reopenings after Easter. I don’t expect us to until April 19th but we should at least discuss what indicators and metrics we’d like to see to start some reopenings and what reopenings you’d make on a phased basis. That’s the discussion the Danes are having right now.

This is for the experts to discuss in fairness, I just put some of their thoughts there above. But I don’t agree with just saying that we should just sit back and not be proactive in considering phased reopenings.

Good debate lads, bar the standard virtue signaller response.

How many will die due to as the article suggests not seeking or not being offered medical treatment. I wouldn’t fancy a tumour growing for 6 months for lack of a scan etc. And the long term issues re mental health etc. not as easily counted as the nightly telethon like anticipation on death tolls but no less real. Is antibody testing a runner, allowing those with strong results straight back in to work and society? Isolate at risk people.

2 Likes