Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

How convenient.

It is actually.

That’s totally irrelevant in the context of Bandage’s post but it’s not an unreasonable question in isolation.

Wexford lads do rate him. Bandage does not speak for everyone.

Bandage is pretty much blind (but for this impediment he could be a retired GAA star) and can’t be trusted (in any sense).

Keith Rossiter was a class act who unfortunately for him couldn’t have played through a worse era for Wexford hurling. He is rated within Wexford. Anyone who frequents club hurling down here would tell you himself and Paul Roche were one of the main reasons Oulart dominated for years as their full back line couldn’t be breached. Perhaps the greatest compliment I could play him is Fitzhenry aside he’s the only Wexford hurler who would have been a regular on the Kilkenny team the last ten year. He did suffer with injuries, wasn’t the best trainer but was a great reader of the game which often got him out of trouble.

dreadful post

Jesus H Christ.

What about gizzy/grizzle lyng?

A talented hurler but hard to judge when he retired too early and played on mediocre teams.Besides the Kilkenny dressing room woulda been no place for a free spirit like Gizzy.

Has Gizzy ever actually officially retired?

No way would he make that KK back line. Not a fucking chance. His talent may have made him a county minor, but if he was as laid back and/or lazy as suggested he’d never have played senior in KK.

Keith Rossiter was a fine hurler, when he wasn’t injured.

I never said I didn’t rate Rossiter. I think (given his experience/talent) he could have exerted his influence more within the squad and not missed so much training and games. He was excellent last year when he, as he says himself, did all the training.

How much of what he missed was down to injuries bandage?

You clearly have not seen him play much. He definitely would have made that backline ahead of kavanagh.

Would you ever fuck off. Kava agh was a far more dynamic player who could mark a range of players.

Apparently the Armagh keeper has retired. When I heard the name, which I cant even remember now, I can honestly say I never even knew the man existed.

Wrong thread. This is for ‘stars’ as we found out during the Sean Armstrong saga

You quite clearly have a very limited knowledge of rossitor or how good he was if your saying he couldn’t modark a range of players. What were rossitors weaknesses as a defender? Have you ever actually seen him play?

Of course I have, and he certainly wasn’t a better corner back than Michael Kavanagh, which is your statement. He was too slow both speed and strike wise to be compared to him. He was good in other positions, but still my point stands, I would take Hogan, Temnyson, JJ, Tommy et Al any day of the week.

That’s the discussion here so stop trying to move the posts.