Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

+1. Any chance Henry will rip the bandaid and be done with it? Or else we can discuss the retirements of Peter O Leary and Brian Campion and put this entire sorry mess behind us?

James Rigney who played for Offaly for a few years retired. He was decent enough. Very small. Only took it up in his late teens I think

That’ll do. Would he have made the Killenny backline?

He wouldn’t hurl spuds to a duck

You are badly lacking in intelligence, Rino Gatusso came 14th in the 2006 Ballon d’Or despite his technical skills being relatively primitive. You seem to not be grasping the point that Kevin picked upon one of Froch’s weaknesses as a strength.

I think Colin fennelly retired him last summer live on Sky sports

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1072925, member: 180”]There is only one gaelic footballer lining out for the 2015 season, who played intercounty football in the 20th century. No other player who played pre 2000 has at present signaled an intent to commit to their counties panel in 2015.

I’ll leave it open for now for the crack, but its out there in the media anyway.[/QUOTE]

And the last one falls. Barden has retired.

EDIT, it turns out Dick Clerkin made his debut in the 1999 league, he outlasts Barden.

Great Kieran Shannon interview with Eoin Kelly (Tipperary) in Saturday’s Examiner and available online at examiner.ie. Kelly was a truly magnificent player and comes across a lovely man too.

Mattie Forde was in Flannerys last night, buying a fat bird drink all night. The Border Bull was in awe of him and eventually plucked up the courage to go up and talk to him. Forde seemed to enjoy the recognition, The Border Bull reckoned that he gave him a very strong slap on the back and laugh when he mentioned Francie.

?

The great Maurice Fitzgerald came out of retirement last night at the age of 46 to play for St Mary’s in the South Kerry League. :clap:

That was coming, Dublin full back line have been very shaky.

A legend :clap:

Joe Lyng played his last inter county game today.

Dumb

The greatest.

Agreed 100%. The most beautiful striker of a ball that I’ve seen in my time. That’s not to demean his ability to find space for the kick, nor his talent to release to a better placed colleague a the most sublime second. He remains, of course, the only man to have broken a leg in the first half and still been MOTM. Top drawer was Maurice…:clap:

Liam Doyle of Down set to announce his retirement. Poor fucker was plagued by injury, an outstanding underage talent.

Press Conference called for 12PM tomorrow in Langtons in Kilkenny. Booked in the name of one H Shefflin.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1112036, member: 180”]Press Conference called for 12PM tomorrow in Langtons in Kilkenny. Booked in the name of one H Shefflin
[/QUOTE]
That’d be him alright. A fucking press conference.

He’ll prob tell everyone he hasn’t made his mind up yet

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1112038, member: 48”]That’d be him alright. A fucking press conference.

He’ll prob tell everyone he hasn’t made his mind up yet[/QUOTE]
:):):):clap: