Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Begrudging cunts on this thread.

He didn’t excite the crowd, fuck off. He’s there to win games and that’s what he did, I think I read today he only lost 8 championship games, in the era of the back door that’s phenomenal.

A gifted player who could line out in any one of the 6 forward positions and play each masterfully.

Wish him well in any future endeavours.

@Gman[/USER] [USER=168]@ChocolateMice[/USER] [USER=9]@Bandage

Is Henry Shefflin the hurling equivalent of Tom Brady?

Should be rivetting.

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Shefflin2.jpg

[QUOTE=“Sam Swarek, post: 1112720, member: 2293”]That’s rich coming from you and your folk - what have ye “Gaels” done to promote Gaelic games outside of hurling in ye’r county? Ye look down on people from other counties as if ur own the game of hurling and ye invented it. So don’t give me that shite about waterford people, take a hard look at what’s going on closer to home first.
Why wouldn’t Mullane be excited about the championship? There’s an unbelievable group of talent young lads coming through in Waterford, that dare I say it, even Kilkenny would be jealous of.[/QUOTE]
Oh sorry that we were so successful over the last 15 years, when we were winning 3 and 4 all Ireland’s in row we should have been helping the likes of Waterford to take responsibility for themselves and step up to the mark when ye actually had a team capable of winning an All Ireland. Ye should take a look across the water at yere near neighbours in the model county and maybe ye would learn a thing or two about proper hurling supporters and true gaels. Every Wexford hurling supporter I ever met was sound and would acknowledge talent no matter what colour jersey

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1112729, member: 1137”]@Gman[/USER] [USER=168]@ChocolateMice[/USER] [USER=9]@Bandage

Is Henry Shefflin the hurling equivalent of Tom Brady?[/QUOTE]

yeah I suppose its not a bad comparison. Not flashy, there are others out there with better skills, but for all round consistency, good all round skills, leadership and getting your team a win, they are rated as one of the best.

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1112729, member: 1137”]@Gman[/USER] [USER=168]@ChocolateMice[/USER] [USER=9]@Bandage

Is Henry Shefflin the hurling equivalent of Tom Brady?[/QUOTE]

I suppose.

Was there any mention of his red card today and the subsequent hissy fit from the kk co board ??
That ould thing is still an awful blot on his copybook.

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1112773, member: 2839”]Was there any mention of his red card today and the subsequent hissy fit from the kk co board ??
That ould thing is still an awful blot on his copybook.[/QUOTE]
No its not. It never happened.

I’m wondering did the kk co board officials also contact google to wipe any references of the “greatest injustice” since Mandela’s incarceration completely off the internet

…the last sentence here is a barefaced fucking lie.

:smiley:

The amount of begrudgery here about Henry is probably the finest compliment ye could have paid him.

[QUOTE=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 1112825, member: 1168”]http://www.gaa.ie/content/images/news/kilkenny/FitzgeraldDavy_riles_upShefflin2005.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]
Jesus, that Klare jersey was rank.

Paul Curran of Tipperary.

[QUOTE=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 1112825, member: 1168”]http://www.gaa.ie/content/images/news/kilkenny/FitzgeraldDavy_riles_upShefflin2005.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]

Jimbob wouldn’t stand for that out of Davy.

Anna Geary gone.

you fuckin cunt

:smiley:

This Geary one seems very fond of the limelight. Wasn’t she on the Vincent Browne panel one night, the night after she grabbed a mic and talked at a peoples debate in Cork. Also got the Rose of Tralee thing that she competed in. She couldn’t just fucking walk away from her amateur hobby pass-time, she had to do an interview in the stands at some empty stadium with Marty Morrissey so they put it on the news. Somehow i doubt RTE went hunting her down for an interview if the news even made it to them. Retiring from the game at 27. There is some other motive here, clearly politically or media driven and i resent it being rammed down our throats.

1 Like

I think you should resent yourself for getting all menstrual about this in the first place.