Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

I think he is as good a centre back as in the country.

Disagree.

His best position is wing back IMO.

Midfield is where he is needed now. In general, management need to give him a position & stick with it. He has being shifted from Backs, Midfield & Forwards too much over the past 4 years.

2 Likes

You might be right actually. You’ve convinced me so. I think you’ll finish above Cork.

Tbf there is a dirt of top 6s around at the moment.

True I’m interested to see how Forde goes next year…

Yeah and we bate ye the two years before that and will beat ye again in 2017 (when TJ has left the stage).

2 Likes

The reality is that he lacks a very basic skill in hurling, striking the ball, two shocking misses v Galway. Game as a pebble, honest as the day is long etc etc
He did cause teams problems when he ran at them, more often than not there was no end product.

2 Likes

So ye won’t beat us this year then? Thanks for helping me prove my point

We would mate no problem but we have a well proven utter imbecile over us so it is more unlikely than likely. However with a change of management after a disastrous league campaign and the team in disarrey we will be a dangerous animal, and will bate ye. In short, if TJ is still there then no.

Hilarious Lar Corbett interview on Six One News there. A roaster supreme.

1 Like

Marty was very impressed that he decided to give Rte his only interview.

1 Like

Ah Larry was a harmless sort, best of luck to him. The Tipp lads let themselves down the evening they jeered him and he going off injured in Nowlan park that balmy summer’s evening.

:smile: Ye knew ye had the game won the minute he went off

Ah here. What kind of clown puts a top class forward in as centre back?

2 Likes

Maher is not a top class forward.

We did it in Limerick and won an All Ireland.

Leave Camogie out of the discussion

2 Likes

Joe Fitzpatrick
Tommy Fitzgerald
Brian Stapleton
James Walsh
John A Delaney

All retired from Laois Hurling in the past week. Very sorry to see them all go truly, they took to the field in tough times for Laois when the set up was a fucking joke and done their level best to keep hurling alive in the county. John A and Joe definitely have plenty to offer still, but family life has taken over, and well, the commitment required, combined with the light at the end, probably doesn’t seem to add up for them. Tommy Fitz ploughed a lone furrow up front for the best part of a decade and is the eldest of them all and cant be begrudged moving on. Actually he’d have been a big help to Portlaoise yesterday, but maintains Mossy Quinn retired him a few years ago and when Cheddar came in he gave the lot to the hurling.

Might mean little outside Laois, but at least they got the past few years out of it, when Cheddar made them competitive and put pride back in the jersey. It will only truly matter obviously in Laois, and not in the grand scheme of things, but at least they all got Offaly in O’Moore Park last year.

Here’s hoping the younger fellas coming through are ready to stand up, but its going to be tough.

1 Like

They’ll be sorely missed from next year’s championship

At least they can tell their grandchildren that they were coached by Teddy McCarthy.

3 Likes

They have some belter stories from that time tbf.