Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Occassionally top 6. Not consistently.

Don’t get me wrong, i have great time for Monaghan. Whatever type of coaching going on there is superb. In my experience around the world Monaghan lads were only 2nd to Kerry lads in having a football brain. All really knew how to play the game and had good basic skills to a very good level.

They dont play bogball around the world

2 Likes

Richie Power calling it a day.

He’s not even 30 yet is he?

6 knee operations, most recent there before Christmas. Cody rode him into the ground.

Said he was thirty on the radio.

Further evidence that KK haven’t a hope in 2016. Good player is Richie, 30 is too young. But the injuries mounted up in fairness.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him running for SF in some capacity in the future.

I wouldnt be a fan of the Hogan Stand, but the “Power Outage” headline on their site was inspired. They must have robbed it from somewhere.

1 Like

A class act

2 Likes

Shame to see him go. I heard over Christmas that he was done.
8 Senior All Irelands at 30. Along with 2 AIs with Kierans, 2 AI Minors, 2 AI U21s and 6 NHLs. Some haul.

Phenomenal skill, frustrating at times given his overwhelming potential.
Some incredibly important goals over the years. None more so than in 2007 QF as a sub against Galway.
And 3 in 2 games in the 2 finals with Tipp in 2014.

Kudos Richie.

Big opportunity for the brother to establish himself now.

2 Likes

Won them the 2014 All Ireland - not just in the two games against Tipp but his contribution against Limerick in the Semi. Also more-or-less won them the 2009 final with that ‘penalty’

2 Likes

How many Kilkenny players have retired or are still playing crippled with injury?

How many Limerick/Galway/Waterford/Dublin players would live with some kind of longer term physical issue if they had one AI Senior Hurling medal to show for it?

3 Likes

Five hundred and sixty three.

Did Richie Power announce his retirement via a press release issued by the GPA? If so, Colm O’Rourke will be seething. But I guess a press release after 8 All Ireland senior medals is fair enough. It’s when some lower level mullock merchant gets the same treatment that amuses me.

Aren’t all players seen as equal in the GPA? Or are some more equal than others…

A Sinn Fein supporter, single father and apparently good craic on the beer. Don’t sound like your average Kk hurler.

3 Likes

The having a personality thing is hard grasped alright.

2 Likes

Always the Kilkenny forward I would have feared most during the rivalry from 09 to 2014 or so. Class hurler

Fond of a gamble too by all accounts

I saw a video of him after the 14 final muggin the head off some granny

1 Like