Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Killian Young gone, the last link to the 07 and 07 Kerry teams. It used to be you’d say he had some medal haul, but thats all gone out the window over the past 10 years.

Forever remembered for butchering a goal chance in the last few minutes of the 2015 final that would have leveled the game.

I can’t remember that.

1 Like

Young also sang My Lovely Rose of Clare at one of the winner’s banquets he was involved in which I found very odd.

I wouldn’t call him a star but Charlie Vernon has called it a day with Armagh. A very good servant and one of Armagh’s most reliable players in the past decade.

Did gpa realese a statement?

Brick Walsh :sleepy:

And Maurice Shanahan and Noel Connors; Liam Cahill laying down the law

Just looking at Kevin Moran again on Sunday, don’t think he has a lot left to offer. He’ll be 33 next year and really looked off the pace all this year.

A lot of miles on the clock alright. Before Ballygunnar’s monopoly he had a few long seasons with De La Salle on the club scene

I met Brick Walsh in the autumn of 2013 and asked him would he give it another year.

He said he probably would.

Pity one of his last meaningful acts was to maim Joe.

What’s with the tears, this was common knowledge as far back as June.

I remember Anthony “hehehehehe” Daly saying “he even has a skill named after himself…the Brick flick” in relation to Michael Walsh a few years ago. I was curious as I’d never heard it mentioned beforehand. Now Walsh has retired there’s loads of #brickflick chat doing the rounds. My question…is the Brick flick part of the GGA hurling lexicon? Would you hear it mentioned in training sessions, during matches, on pitches, in dressing rooms?

No

1 Like

Conor Clancy was the main exponent of that flick in the 90s.

It was a big thing around 2010/11 iirc

It was lovingly described here many years ago

We had Daly for a session a couple of years ago and he must have said it 4 or 5 times. I have never heard it being used in a real life scenario other than that. It was probably fresh in his mind at the time tbf.

Hand pass generally a better option surely lads? Surely?