Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Book out by Christmas.

For some reason I think Bernard would see himself more suited to an anchor role rather than as a pundit. He couldn’t be any worse than Des.

He could present the Late Late Show

I’d expect an explosive, expletive ridden rant at Gavin for being overlooked for the final.

“What little respect I had for him evaporated there and then. Jayo is the real brains of the operation.”

2 Likes

He’d make a perfect Ryanair spokesman

A wanchor role, if you like

Trash Talk Brogan

He’s possibly lurking here picking up tips on playing the victim and the repercussions.
Good player in his pomp, overstayed his tenure but then many just can’t let go.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

I thought Bernard Brogan Junior was long retired. Don’t recall seeing him play for Dublin for a few years now.

1 Like

James Barry bows out, knowing there won’t be much game time for him going forward

1 Like

He was fucked after all the ball he had to hurl the day again Laois

The Limerick boys will be hopping that one of the best full backs in the country is retiring. He was living rent free in their heads for about three-four weeks during the summer

1 Like

He was outstanding in the All Ireland Semi & Final tbf.

1 Like

He made a fine blood sub contribution in the final alright.

Both himself and Donagh retire with two Celtic crosses in the back pocket each. Not too many inter county hurlers can say that.

You can be sure they knew they weren’t in management plans for 2020.

1 Like

Ah fair play to em. Did their bit.

Barry was a very good player. Always thought Tipps forwards lack of work rate let some of Tipps backs be exposed a lot easier than other counties.

Frank McGlynn calls it a day, probably one of the best players to play in the last decade. In his peak years in the McGuinness era there were few better. Lacey and Murphy took most of the plaudits then but McGlynn was every bit as important.

11 Likes

Great player alright… So important to mcguinness 's system with his lung busting runs out of defence…

1 Like

I think Donegal are on the cusp of something so I hope he doesnt regret going a year or 2 too early. They were ambushed in McHale park during the summer and were down a couple of key men through injury so I thought they were a bit unluckly. I thought they were better than Kerry in that drawn game in Croke Park. I think if any team can take down the dubs then Donegal are the team to do it.

A cracking player. So many underrated players in that team written off as part of an overly negative outfit, when in 2012 they were anything but.

2 Likes