Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

What a needy cunt, always appeared to be, now confirming it.

He touching on deeper themes than GAA isn’t he …

Could have done with someone proofreading it.

3 Likes

You’re a bad egg @gman.

Retiring GAA Stars tribute? I thought it an apt spot to place a very hot topic doing the rounds. Presented without comment.

No need.

What a tool

What’s the problem here @Gman? What happened to cause this rant?

If you’re time is up well that’s just the way it is. I don’t think management or county board has any particular responsibility.

You either retire on your own terms, get told to retire or get dropped. It’s a hobby after all.

1 Like

Galvin dropped Daithi Waters from the panel.

As he’s entitled to. Is there any other issue? All seems a bit mad.

Almost like Panther had that one stored up for a while.

Not that I’m aware of anyway.

Panther annoyed he didn’t get a farewell party so uses Daithis enforced retirement as a way to offer an answer to a question that no-one asked.

And then Larry O chimes in with a cut off the Leinster winning panel of 2004.

Is panther a bit fond of himself on twitter like some of the other county footballers are/were?

thats exactly it. Panther seems to think that this sort of end to a career is specifically for Gaelic football players in shit counties. Despite the fact that this happens to countless of fully professional sportspeople the world over, their contract ends and the club releases them into obscurity. Some players retire, some wallow in self doubt for months and say they are still available and others pretend to retire on their own terms a could of months later.

It happens in soccer the whole time, player just tails off their clubs depth chart, then quietly get released and they get forgotten about. Happens in American Football, Dez Bryant is still going around trying to generate interest in a team to sign him. But poor aul Panther thinks the GAA should look after the mental health of players who are old and not good enough to play their hobby anymore and throw them a party. As you say, he had this stored for a while and I’m surprised it took him this long. The ones pandering to him are worse.

Panther? :smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly. or Panthero as he goes by on twitter.

notions.

Good grief

1 Like

I’m glad to say I’ve been ahead of the curve on this fella for some time. A very strange entitled individual.

You might be proven wrong on your other hated Wexford player Masterson. He’s doing a huge volume of work with various teams behind the scenes now and a few schools around Gorey I think too.

1 Like