Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Connolly was a sight to behold in full flow. Some great moments but overall I’d say he didn’t make the most of his vast talent.

Pat Gilroy deserves credit for helping Connolly fulfil his potential to some degree. He was going nowhere until Gilroy took over.

5 Likes

He was definitely a more talented footballer. A decent hurler alright

He was very poor last year bar the pass.

Gave some serious masterclasses in his prime.

2011 v Tyrone
2013 v Kerry
2014 v Donegal
2016 v Kerry
2017 v Mayo

his father a kilkenny man, big into hurling in Vins

+1. Such a cliche to say that about his hurling.

:smile:

I agree.

It’s the same with Kilkenny/Lowndes/Costello/Rory O’Carroll. Fellas saying they were “better hurlers”. It’s not true at all bar maybe Costello but he’s still class at Football.

They all made the right decision 100% to play football.

who said he was a better hurler? saying he could have made it as a senior inter county hurler doesnt equal saying he was a better hurler than footballer

Sorry if your being misquoted and if your from Kerry you probably wished he chose hurling, but if he had picked hurling at 20/21 he’d have wasted his career really.

the hill actually mixed up dermo and lowndes a few years back, can into a state of euphoria when Lowndes was warming up thinking it was Dermo

‘Dermo’

:grin:

Wooly etc

Woolie

I am not too sure what difference it would have made to Kerry , as good as he was, the dubs always had someone else anyway, they found others to win matches for them last 2 years when Dermo was peripheral

They did. Jim only brought Dermo on for the last 30 seconds against Tyrone in the Semi.

Dermo coming out then in the muscle top for the final was the biggest “Fuck you” of all time to Jim Gavin.

There’s a great video on YouTube of Spillane and Brolly drooling in studio over his biceps and triceps

Wooly

Wikipedia, you win.

Wait til you see all the link clicks that gets :popcorn:

Apology accepted. You’d think you’d know

1 Like

Adrian Marren has retired, a giant of the game.

You would.

Wouldn’t you.

It’s almost as if…