Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

All County Panels being cut down too due to Covid so the noose is tightening on a few lads.

Incidentally, Ross Munnelly is back out again with Laois :grin:

Hardly connolly?

You’d think the Likes of cluxton, o sullivan, mdma, Philly mcmahon and Andrews will be gone in next 12 months too.

I believe Dermo is getting on a plane again soon…

Aye, he’s been a mainstay of the team for the past few years alright.

I definitely thought he’d make the 24 at least

I’d say he has no interest in hanging onto the arse of a panel. You’d respect him more for that.

1 Like

Yeah true enough. There are some very highly rated players, almost all time greats, who didn’t play as big a role in the Dublin success of last decade as it seems. Connolly and the two brogans anyway

A relation plays for Roscommon and he said the injuries within the squad is mental at the moment. Lads finding the step up from Club to county training very hard on the bodies and loads of muscle injuries, He said if its a split season going forward which he agrees with County has to be first. Maybe a few didn’t fancy it after the few months off .

3 Likes

Looks like dublin ones are spread out… Like they all decided to go but just phased announcements - brogan, o gara, Daly, Connolly etc…

It might be a good thing from a viewing perspective. If lads aren’t primed for all that running they’ll grow to understand that the ball is generally quicker than the man and kick the fucking thing more often.

Being an inter county player is going to be a pretty miserable existence for the next few months. I wouldn’t blame any of them for walking away.

No dressing rooms/showers after training in awful conditions. No car pooling so no craic going to training. No prospect of a team holiday or even proper celebrations if you win something.

There is little or no incentive to play inter county in these times.

1 Like

:smile:

Do you think some lads are just going training for the showers?

(You do have a somewhat valid point overall.)

Based on that list of negativities it’s hard to see “sociable” squads going too far in the current scenario. Party teams like the aforementioned Rossies and Donegal will have fired their caps at it already. The Rossies “wracked by injuries”… :rofl: Portersharks.

1 Like

If you’re a teacher or whatever based in Dublin, travelling 2 hours across the country midweek to train in the wet and cold and face back up the motorway soaking all to play 1 or 2 matches in front of nobody. No celebrations or anything if you win.

I can see why fellas would pass on it.

1 Like

windy cunts might pass on it.

Inter county teams are allowed use dressing rooms once each team has access to 2 dressing rooms

Not too many/any windy cunts playing intercounty GAA

Did O Gara retire? Fair fucks to him for going quietly if so.