Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

exactly.

You’re very gullible

Ah would you stop, you’re killing me!

Intercounty panels can use dressing rooms and still have the rest.

You’re some gas cunt :grin:

Didn’t realize the dressing rooms were in play again. for Inter County.

That’s an absolute game changer…

I can see the Dubs heading for the Caribbean and Coppers when they do 6 in a row alright. :grinning:

And more importantly a gear changer…

1 Like

I was waiting for Roy’s words and he hasn’t disappointed.

2 Likes
30 Likes

:smile:

That made me laugh

Someone pick Curtis up off the floor

Don’t know how you could say he didn’t make the most of his talent. It’s well known Connolly put in a lot of extra work on the skill side to appear as ‘natural’ as he was and I don’t recall him being out injured which was due to his physical conditioning. The only sour point was his discipline at times but he was the most targeted footballer in Ireland and Keegan got away with murder.

Up until Spillane hung him out to dry for the Carlow red card he was one of the first names on Jim Gavin’s teamsheet and put in several man of the match performances. Not counting showing up and delivering again and again for Vincent’s in that period too as they lorded it on the Dublin club scene. I’d say he got more than enough out of his talents.

8 Likes

I was at pretty much all of those Dublin-Mayo games and didn’t really see Keegan do much untoward. I might be forgetting a high profile thingy, but I thought it was just tough, physical and fair for nearly the entire time.

Fine footballer. Always looked auld

That’s the best time to be in there

1 Like

I thought First game in 2016 keegan got away with murder off the ball… Had a hold of Connollys Jersey and was tripping him up when he went to run…throwing him to the ground… didn’t think you got away with that sort of stuff in Croker… Then I watched John Small marking Peter harte in 2018 semi final. That was as niggly as I’ve ever seen… But Connolly and harte were fair game it seems…

2 Likes

:grinning:

He wasn’t all bad I guess

I disagree. Connolly spent the first 4 years of his career (2007-2010) on and off the Dublin panel for disciplinary reasons. The last 4 years of his career 2017 to now is similar. Through suspension or summers in America he hasn’t played very much. That’s half his inter county career spent not playing very much. Even his best years (2011 to 2016) were pockmarked with controversy on and off the field. In my opinion he had the talent to be an All time great like Canavan, Joyce or Maurice Fitz but that’s not how he will be remembered. That’s unfulfilled potential in my opinion.

1 Like

Maurice Fitzgerald played on poor Kerry teams from 1988 to 1995 . From 2000 onward he wasn’t seen an compatible to the game plan by POS .

A wizard but was his potential unfulfilled ??

Possibly a poor example on my part.