Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

This is likely a driver of the retirements, Horan does not rate experience over current ability.

Vaughan, Seamie, Boyler all outside the 26 for the final, you’d be hard pressed to commit to another year of IC training with little prospect of climbing back up the ladder.

2 Likes

Himself and Cillian inside together leaves them short a bit of pace in there. Both lads probably want pace around them now.

O’Shea would be a rvery good full back and pretty safe coming out with the ball. Maybe lost that bit of explosiveness for the forwards

O Shea doesn’t really last for 70 against anyone. He is just too big a man.

Now while I haven’t cut as many as I would have like to…!

I like your hustle

Nelson - is your arm feeling better?
Yes sir!
Well then take this forfeit note to the referee.

2 Likes

It wont be long before that is down to 1.

Who will be the last man standing?

Cork: 1
Ciaran Sheehan (age 30)

Donegal: 4
Michael Murphy (age 31)
Paddy McBrearty (age 27)
Paddy McGrath (age 31)
Neil McGee (age 35)

Kerry - 9
Tommy Walsh (age 32)
David Moran (age 32)
Paul Murphy (age 29)
Peter Crowley (age 30)
James O’Donoghue (age 30)
Paul Geaney (age 30)
Stephen O’Brien (age 29)
Pa Kilkenny (age 28)
Jack Sherwood (age 29)

My money is on Paul Murphy. It should be McBrearty, but he’s had an awful lot of injuries and has a huge amount of football kicked for his age.

Is Pa Kilkenny still on the Kerry panel?

I’d have been surprised but every panel needs an ass or two.

I have never heard of Pa Kilkenny

1 Like

He’s Pa’s young lad

Dublin will miss him. When you’d see Enright named in the Kerry team you’d know some Dublin forward was going to put up a big score. I’d say there would be fights over who was going to get to mark him

4 Likes

I only really remember him from the Mayo replay in 2014. Fitzmaurice threw Sherwood, Lyne and him in as subs that day and all did well. I think he may have replaced Marc O Se that day.

Stephen McDonnell, Cork.

One of the few Cork backs of the last decade who could actually defend. He had a nice bit of abrasiveness to him, always felt Cork were more solid when he was there in the full backline. He’ll be a loss to them.

1 Like

Was Marc O’Se dropped for that match but got a reprieve when someone got a black card early on?

No, I’ve some recollection that he got an early yellow card. Then he gave away a penalty but got no card. They took him off then.

Enright was an absolute liability.

No O’Se didnt start that match in Limerick. He came on and was good.
He was roasted against Tyrone the year after, got subbed and was dropped for the Final.

2015 was the first final in over 40 years that Kerry were involved in, that an O’Se from Ventry didn’t start.

1 Like

He gets shown up for pace on the Croke Park surface but is a great man to have when the wind is howling in Pearse Stadium or its pissing rain in Hyde Park. Mayo need to win games like that to even make it to Croke Park. He played a big role keeping Mayo in Division 1 too for years for the same reason.

1 Like