Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Muldoons going crazy with the smells of a bit of cash :joy::joy:

Shur look it, they wouldn’t be as used to getting free money all their lives like the Dubs. You can’t blame them for having parents who worked for a living :man_shrugging:

Ger Aylward

Was an excellent minor. Never really hit those heights at senior. Lovely skilful hurler but lacked consistency and a half yard of pace. Would have been a standout hurler in by gone times.

Think he had an bad enough heel injury in his early 20s which didn’t help.

He had a brilliant 2015. Think he got an all-star on the basis of 3-5 scored against Wexford in Nowlan Park. He became a bit of a scapegoat in latter years I’d imagine. Would he even be 30 yet?

Minor in 2010 so 29 at some stage in 2021

Farmers giving out about lads getting free money… :joy:

Presume Aylward didn’t agree entirely with the decision to retain Cody so?

Dropped not retired. Bill Sheehan gone also.

2 Likes

That makes much more sense

He was a greedy hoor. Often taking on shots when lads were better positioned.

1 Like

He scored a point off his left under the Hogan Stand in the 2010 Minor All Ireland that broke Clare hearts.

It was one of the greatest of all time.

I thought it was the state got bailed out ??

Thanks be to God. A liability

Dont get how fellas rated Parkinson so highly. Very average.

Was he rated highly by anybody? I don’t recall any talk about him as a player, his media profile since would have you think he was something but I wouldn’t think so, being selected for the International rules was a nice achievement I suppose,
He’s an awful wanker though

Awful spamming going on here. Is this not a thread for discussing retiring GAA stars, like the departures in the Kilkenny and Mayo camps over the past 24 hours? Surely there are other threads on the forum to discuss obscure topics of minimal general interest like the Laois club scene.

2 Likes

He wasn’t rated that highly at all. He just made a great job of making a profile for himself. He was also generally well liked by fellow players. He was a poster child for those Laois underage teams and had a lovely way of not giving a fuck really about the game at the same time.

1 Like

Most people outside Laois think he’s a wanker.

2 Likes

:wink: