Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Oh Lord it’s it’s hard to be humble, when you’ve all Ireland medals dropping out of your hoop.

Paul Galvin could kick a ball buddy.

I loved the story about the Monday after Dublin beat Kerry in the 2013 Semi Final, the Dublin boys were having a bit of a houseparty somewhere.

MDMA sent a text looking for the address and was given an address by one of the rest.

MDMA then rocks up to said address with his bag of cans and naggin of vodka and who opens the door, only Jim Gavin’s wife.

4 Likes

Humble but good craic too. These Dubs are almost too sound

It was Paddy Andrews I believe but good story nonetheless

Incorrect, that was Mick Fitz.

You could be right.

They were simpler times. Whatsapp was barely a thing back then.

The Dublin players who have retired since 2015 with a few decent club footballers in Dublin would still comfortably win Leinster .

Pick the team?

Hearing Paul Mannion has quit too

:eek:

@peddlerscross will be heartbroken

1 Like

Savage
Brady
O’Carroll
Daly
McCaffrey
Bastick
Andrews
Mac Auley
Flynn
B Brogan
A Brogan
Connolly
O’Gara.

13 off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s a few more.

O’Carroll might be still there?

Ah no. That’d be a massive pity.

But I suppose another season of playing in empty stadiums, with no prospect of really being able to celebrate the wins and no real craic before/during or after training isn’t overly appealing.

They weren’t even allowed celebrate goals ffs :rofl:

It was paddy Andrews I thought …it was MDMAs house in rathfarnham where they were and he gave address for Gavin’s in rathfarnham

I think you’re right.

I knew MDMA was involved in a major way.

I recall Paddy Andrews giving the “Do you know who I am” spiel to the barman in Cassidys of Camden Street one night when refused service due to him being inebriated

It was Philly now that I think of it