Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Colm Cavanagh considering unretiring himself.

A change of Harte?

1 Like

Must be something behind it but he looks finished tbf.

Legs are gone. Only really see him being a guy to bring off the bench to close games out.

‘Foul mercilessly’

1 Like

Mannion becomes the first man to retire because he has a pain in his hole winning All Ireland medals.

3 Likes

I love the story from after the 2016 Drawn Final when Brolly and Kimmage were fluting around the dressing room area when suddenly Mannion appeared and Brolly goes up and tips him from behind saying “What was wrong with ye today Paul?, you’se were shite” and launched into a tirade of typical Brolly abuse.

Kimmage half expected Mannion to turn around and deck him, but Mannion just stood there, shrugged his shoulders and goes “I don’t know Joe”.

Kimmage tells it brilliantly.

1 Like

Do you think he still has hopes of making UCDs third team?

3 Likes

I hope he tells it better than that

5 Likes

I’ll wait a little longer if its Curtis and Colm Keys running with it…

The only ‘baller’…would you fuck off you excuse of a journalist

1 Like

Mannion and Dessie not seeing eye to eye…?

It’s mad so many all time greats are retiring and nobody cares. Many of them had totally unmemorable careers despite almost never losing a game.

If they’d lost two or three finals they’d be much more fondly remembered. You’d almost feel a little bit sorry for them.

2 Likes

I’m just glad I don’t have to watch MDMA play again

4 Likes

Take a break , You think too much about Dublin players pal

1 Like

I doubt it.

He’d be fairly well rounded and probably just wants to do something else. He’s big into Climate Change and stuff like that.

He missed 2015 to spend time in China on Erasmus and wasn’t sure where he’d end up after College but I think he said in an interview the 2016 semi final against Kerry convinced him to hang around. What an occasion!

A wand of a left foot. Swung over some brilliant points from under the Cusack Stand in the Mayo semi final in 2019.

1 Like

Great point cant imagine many of them would make compulsive viewing on Laochra Gael…ah yeah we won again

1 Like

A vegan too

2 Likes

Yep it’s mad. It was too easy for their whole careers.

1 Like

“We followed the process and thankfully we won our 6th All-Ireland in a row and my 8th overall.”

5 Likes