Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Said Cian Lynch in 2027🤣

4 Likes

So say my sources. McCaffrey didn’t take to him either but wasn’t why he walked away. There’s another big name who has no time for Farrell either.

I’m assuming this is someone who didn’t start the final but may or may not have had a big impact off the bench?

They’re all big names pal…like there’s a lad with a poxy minor all Ireland trying to tell journalists what questions to ask NPHET…the game is gone …

4 Likes

Would mikey sheehy be only other man ever to play the game with 8 all Ireland’s , a club all Ireland and footballer of year like MDMA?:thinking:

I don’t think Sheehy has a club AI, doesn’t Spillane have one with Thomond? Plus 8 AI’s, 9 All Stars and 2 POTY awards, 12 Munsters and 2 NFL’s

1 Like

near certain Mikey has an ireland club title mid 1970s

He does as does ger power and John o keefe…charlie melligan with castleisland too but not 8 all Ireland’s

was a good stacks team , Ger O’Keefe as well, Dinny Long , Cork midfielder

1 Like

I just saw on Wikipedia that stacks were champions of Kerry again year after and it took 4 matches to separate them and Thomomd college in Munster semi final …Thomond went on to win it out

Thomond college were the best limerick club football team of all time.

1 Like

Stacks were at nothing in senior football till 1973 for decades when they won their 1st senior football title in near 40 years. a golden crop came along then

They were actually stronger in hurling in the late 1960s when they were in fair hard luck to lose a few senior hurling championship finals

1 Like

Ah I’m sure we’ll have enough Mayo material from the own goals/ goal kicks and Donie Vaughan fuck ups to dedicate a few series to anyway

Utter bollox. Mccaffrey said the exact opposite in an interview a few weeks ago. He would have retired before the national league only for Dessie got the job. He said he had huge respect for Dessie and tried to give it another go for that reason.

1 Like

That was the story put out but it’s not true apparently. I know right.

@peddlerscross will know the real story

1 Like

Funniest thing is, lads will believe that’s him

Shhh

Of course he’s a golfer

1 Like