Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

:shushing_face:

Mannion was a very inconsistent player, he genreally ranged between quiet and red hot. Did an awful lot of unheralded donkey work though, could regularly pop up in his own full back line breaking up an attack.

3 in a row All Stars from 2017-2019 was fair tipping all the same.

He had a poor drawn final in 2019 alright after being brilliant in the semi.

Lovely feet, must come from all the Irish dancing!

Did the cunt ever lose a championship match?

2014 against Donegal.

What a loser

At least he can still make the cut for Laochra Gael so

It haunts them to this day.

As does Mayo 2012 although I’m not sure Mannion made the bench that day.

Joined the panel in 2013

Pretty sure he was there training under Gilroy in 2012 after the Leaving Cert with McCaffrey and Kilkenny. Probably didn’t make a Matich day squad though.

Kilkenny started v Mayo and McCaffrey came on against Laois in the Quarter Final.

1 Like

Probably to rescue the situation :wink:

They only fell over the line that day really.

McCaffrey said himself, if he’d come on against Mayo in the Semi he’d have run amok and saved the day.

How many kerry lads were on the thomond team I wonder

Doesn’t give their clubs,

1977 – THOMOND COLLEGE, LIMERICK: Liam Murphy, Mick Houston, Sean O’Shea, Eddie Mahon, Martin Connolly, Brian McSweeney, Mick Spillane, Brian Talty, Tony Harkin, Jimmy Dunne, Richie Bell, Declan Smyth, Mick Kilcoyne, Pat Spillane (Captain), John O’Connell.

1 Like

Galway

Thanks for the memories, Paul.

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-gaa-statement-paul-mannion

Ah he’ll be back when he fancies winning another couple of All Ireland Medals. He only has the six.

bar the 2 spillanes I dont reconise any kerrymen, indeed is it even Kerry Mick Spillane, he is a solicitor I think

1 Like

I think there was only maybe two limerick men on it anyway. And not sure both started. None of those names ring a bell for limerick. The kilcoyne fella is sligo afaik

I could be miles off but I’d say that Sean o Shea could be related to Greg o Shea. The actor / rugby player guy.