Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

the bridge flat out on the press releases lately

It was like a eulogy, I never saw the likes for a fella who’s only meant to be taking a break!

What do you mean? You can’t take any enjoyment from limerick winning it’s 2nd all Ireland in 45 years

I’m not saying that I’m talking about the championships in general. I would really enjoy watching loads of games between the hurling and football whether limerick were playing or not but last year I wouldn’t have given one hoot if I missed a game bar a limerick one.

I thought it was a pile of crap being honest most of the time and I didn’t think the players seemed too bothered at times in some games.

It was just a very strange experience. A bit empty. Imagine if cork toppled Kerry with a crowd or Cavan beating Donegal with a full house watching on. Those games would Iive with you forever.

I’m not at all surprised loads of players are quitting or taking a year off. I expect a lot more to follow. When you see the amount of dubs and mayo players walk away even though the final is so early this year it tells the story imo.

Very few big names or recognisable names

Stop inserting yourself into chats where you’ve nothing to add to the conservation and the lads couldn’t give a fuck about your inanities you pointless bastard

2 Likes

fairly full on now I thought

is GAA clubs delivering an eulogy going to become the new fad when their inter county man retires!

good player Morey was\is in fairness and didnt lick that off the stones, a loss to Clare

Ricky boy, you don’t bother me one bit.

The other lad on the other hand, his carry on is quite strange, even for here.

Fair points. Declan Hannon seems like a nice lad but will really want to win next year to make it two all Irelands… Rather than the one and a half he has now

3 Likes

Can we please not resort to that sort of stuff ? It’s bad enough the limerick pm group is probably organising a 5 pronged attack as we speak.

Behind closed doors sport is fairly crap. Nobody really cares. I’m delighted we had 2018 to enjoy properly.

He was close to opting out last autumn after the club championship but saw the year out. His girlfriend is a front line worker which seemed to give him pause last year.

To be honest he is a nice player to have on the panel but after 9 years he has never really nailed down a position. I would argue he is yet another of the 3 in a row team who were ready to go for senior level straight out of minor thanks to Moloney/O’Connor/Kinnerk but never improved a jot after that point - I suppose 5 years of systems and flogging a will do that.

1 Like

He gave a monumental display in a minor final in the fullback line. Must be 2010 or 2011?

1 Like

2010, he was excellent that day. Just really lacked the aggression for corner back at senior though.

:man_shrugging:

Keith Higgins

Good riddance

1 Like

A rather ignominious end, being wound up about a dirty nappy by a tramp.

Keith Higgins was a great player. The switching of him from the forward line to the backs in 2013 arguably cost Mayo the All Ireland. He deserved an All Ireland.

2 Likes

Class act of a footballer and an excellent hurler to boot. He could cover ground effortlessly.

I’ve said before that the best “wan on wan” duel I’ve ever seen was him and James O Donoghue in 14 in Limerick.

7 Likes

an outstanding player and servant to Mayo GAA. Wonder might he play a bit of hurling for Mayo still

1 Like