Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Alan Dillon and Kevin Mcloughlin without being flashy were terrific players. Absolutely selfless.

2 Likes

Didn’t Cillian O’Connor kick an unreal point to draw the 2016 final?

And the point to tie up the 2017 final at 1-16 each was one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Just because Jimmy Sloyan has a few pops at him, doesn’t mean he hasn’t done it on the big days.

1 Like

The game is gone.

Any fella who pulls up his jersey to reveal a Micheal Jackson t shirt stands out in fairness

3 Likes

Not sure what a corner forward is supposed to do when his team is getting dominated like Mayo were in the second half against Dublin the last two years

They’ve a funny affiliation with Michael Jackson in Mayo.

I was at pub quiz on Achill island the night Michael Jackson died. Great craic it was.

About half way into it the owner of the pub comes on all somber on the microphone. I regret to announce Michael Jackson is after dying, the quiz is cancelled. The reaction was like a local was after clogging it.

I had to ask the missus on the way home if I’d taken drugs and dreamed it

6 Likes

O Connor did more than them in all ireland finals vs Dublin anyway if that’s the standard he’s being held to.

It’s close to 30 years since Mcdonald made his debut for Mayo. They have had some great workers and lads who have made the most of themselves in the forwards of the last 20 years, but haven’t managed to produce anyone who would be a guaranteed starter for Dublin.

1 Like

Indiana is often referred to as the Mayo of the midwest

I’d Jason Doherty to that list. Extremely underrated.

Sorry pal, that’s nonsense on all three.

Moran was a footballer of the year. By that measure he is a top class forward. He was class.

McDonald was top class.

O’Connor is top class and anyone who tries to argue that he isn’t is just silly.

2 Likes

Ah here - would you fuck off.

In fact that entire post is utter garbage, and you contradict yourself.

4 Likes

Keith Higgins retires. TFK has yet another row over whether Cillian O Connor is a marquee forward.

I’d say good news for mayo hurlers. A great gael

You could set your watch by it

Mayo player Retirement Announcement

Lad comes in praising Mayo backs, questions forwards

Another fella pens a eulogy to retiring back, calls him greatest ever, questions how many medals he’d have in Dublin or Kerry. First mention of ‘marquee forward’

Next lads lowers the blade further, and AOS or COC finally enters conversation.

Lad who despises Mayo comes in now praising C MacD ( the same CMCD same fella loathed the ‘shaper Cunt’ while he was playing). Boot dropped into both AOS and COC. Lee Keegan gets a swipe for good measure but also begrudging respect for being unashamedly filthy.

Lather rinse repeat.

3 Likes

When did he last play hurling for Mayo?

Almost certain he played a Ring or Rackard final in 2016.
Fergal Boland was playing too the same day.

Great gaels don’t play spud hockey

It’s only played in a few counties, all the great players ring rackard and shefflington are anglo Irish stock

1 Like

The tent time this has been discussed at least

As indeed you are. You love all that is brittania.

I’ve little or no interest in Britain