Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Oh you love all that the British empire started. You are very strange. You really appear to have inward looking hatred. I worry that’s all

Ok. The facts presented hurt

You seem to want to annoy people. I’d say because the wife has you by the knackers.

Stick to the hockey mate as you haven’t a clue.

Lee Keegan has outscored O’Connor from play in All Ireland finals with less minutes on the pitch.

3 Likes

Hard to see either camp changing their views now.

1 Like

Lovely tribute from Joe Brolly to Michael Darragh Macaulay in today’s Independent.

Some fantastic anecdotes in it.

Some shower of simple bastards.

Hilarious stuff and real highlights the it’s just a hobby reality of bogball

2 Likes

Gas but serious Walter Mitty stuff in the anecdotes …you reckon gilroy let him play a friendly basketball match the night before all Ireland on 2011 ? After asking players to sacrifice their lives for previous 2 years ? Or the one where he said that gilroy gave Macauley his boots for final? Ah shhtop …why would gilroy even have boots ?? I recall He used to always wear a very distinguishable pair of white runners on sideline …

3 Likes

Joe laughing up his sleeve at the simpletons believing it

1 Like

As they say, why let the truth get in the way of a good story

1 Like

Surprised to see no mention of Gary Brennan in here yet.

He was immense in that good run in the Qualifiers Clare had a few years back.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Big belly on him.

8 Likes

Could have got a better photo granted

Thats a nasty tweet, the Limerick GAA PRO should be sacked. Such a fucking picture to use.

He drove Eoin Kelly out over the sideline with a shoulder in 2013. He was in bonus territory after that

2 Likes

Lovely to see Noreen get a mention there.

1 Like

6.08 :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

A top top player, gave it 100% all day every day. The outstanding midfielder from the lower tiers over the last 10 years but he could hold his own with the pick of them.

4 Likes