Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

He had to go

Sentenced to deletion

1 Like

He’s clearly involved but Brian Lawlor and Sean Treacy manage kiladangan. I agree with @peddlerscross that most of the established north Tipp clubs hate to see their continued excellence as a club.

He washed all the dirty linen in public

Darragh Egan as coach and his wife to manage him and the team with an iron fist. We saw how controlling she was on Room to Improve.

1 Like

I told ye already lads.

1 Like

Vets brother?

No.

1 Like

Kerry’s Tommy Walsh

Was about to post it. Ultimately a career that didn’t fulfil his promise. I hoped that he would have a redemption arc with Kerry on his return but wasn’t to be. Probably unlucky with the managers that were there on his return, there was surely more to be got out of him.

Like Donaghy for a finish, he was seen more as Plan B than Plan A and successive Kerry management’s never seemed to realise that Plan B was in fact, more effective than Plan A.

1 Like

Kerry don’t do that plan B as a plan A

And rightly so

kerry used do everything except hit a high ball into him when he came on as a sub. criminally under utislied or wrongly utilised in the 2019 all ireland drawn match. the odd high ball he got, he had the dublin defence in chaos, all kerry had to do was park him edge of the square and hit him with one or two more high balls. strangely in the replay , they peppered Paul Geaney with high ball in the 1st half to no avail and Tommy wasnt on the pitch !!

4 Likes

That’s why the panel didn’t want Peter Keane to leave.

The psychological effect of failing in pro sports can’t be underestimated

I always thought he was overrated.

He had his nuisance value like the archetypal full forward but never really proved his footballing ability.

I was very surprised to see him playing this year. I felt Kerry maybe didn’t have as much in reserve as suggested when they were bringing on a Tommy Walsh well past his best who was never the same player on his return home.

2 Likes

As we’re seeing with Jack Byrne.

He was ruthless as an attacker prior to AFL and looked bereft of confidence on his return. None of the same eye for goal and more a link man.

1 Like

AFL training ruins Gaelic football players. Even Conor McKenna looked like a fish out of water for most of this year.

1 Like