Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Yerrah twas only Cork

1 Like

Gas to see not that long ago a lad taking a free out of the backs and just booting it up for a 50:50 ball

1 Like

Interesting thing about Walsh was his younger brother Barry John was supposed to be even better and came on a sub in the 2009 AI Final as a 19 year old, but I don’t think he ever played Senior for Kerry again.

Think he went to America. He scored an unreal last minute Michael Meeehan style piledriver free in one of the underage games

1 Like

Look at it this way, if you’d told me it would be Barry John Keane who’d play more senior games for Kerry I’d have laughed in your face back in the day.

You sure BJ Walsh came on as a sub in the 2009 final???

He was very highly rated as a teenager alright

i believe so

Maybe I’m wrong on the AI Final but he definitely featured earlier in the championship that year

3 Likes

Class act

3 Likes

Well done on your career KM. He stayed a year too long.

Owes ye nothing. A fabulous servant

1 Like

Maybe he did but I would imagine its always a huge incentive to give it “one more shot” after reaching an AIF

Moran was a brilliant hurler, one of the very best of recent times, incredibly consistent and a real warrior, came up with some huge scores over the years as well, seemed a little at sea this year

2 Likes

a little at sea last 2 seasons really, great servant of waterford

I’d say probably two or three years….

He had a great career though. An ability to be effective in any line from Half back line upwards. Real tough taskmaster but had great hands too.

The pace of the modern game caught up with him like it does with all aging legends but he’ll go down as a Waterford great now.

The goal he scored in the 2017 final was something else but I’m sure the point he missed to put the Deise 2 up with about 20 minutes to go will haunt him.

A great, great warrior and they certainly don’t make them like him anymore.

1 Like

Shane Fives

Cahill cleaning house

All counties back training this week so decision time for a lot of fellas.

Expect a few more across the country in next week or two.