Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

I’d say he was going regardless. Shane Fives is another fella who gave fantastic service to club and county. From a great hurling family and a sound man from what I hear.

1 Like

Colin Fennelly.

Limerick not gone back yet. Busy sunning themselves.Time enough in January. Give the others a chance to catch up a bit.

2 Likes

Joey Holden. Done his bit and more :clap:

3 Likes

x factor omg GIF by X Factor Global

Was it Holden who was left on Callanan for the entirety of the ‘16 final? One of the great AI final chastenings. Probably not all Holden’s fault, Cody’s refusal to make the switch was equally as glaring.

Still, he had a decent intercounty career. You’d wonder what the mood is like privately in the Kilkenny squad when the likes of Fennelly and Holden are stepping away.

2 Likes

Whole fb line was hung out to dry that day

No one would have held Callanan that day with that space in front of him. Not a spectacular hurler but a solid career and plenty of All-Irelands.

2 Likes

He was lucky he came in at the tail end of that great team a limited hurler in all honesty

1 Like

Limited technically definitely but a good man marker generally bar that one obvious example. Did a good job on Joe Canning a good few times

Seamie almost did enough that day to win hurler of the year

8 Likes

He should have.

1 Like

He’s to wait another three years for that accolade. He was majestic v Kilkenny that day. Hardly put a foot wrong, bar one underhit free I think in first half

1 Like

Still crying about it

You know what you’re talking about anyway.That final was a horror show of ineptitude on the line.
And here we are,heading into our 6th season with our tactical genius and his lieutenant still at the helm.

Going to end messy and it shouldn’t have come to this.

Was it 0-9 from play he scored? A majestic performance

And a travesty that he didn’t win it

4 Likes

Absolutely

It was

1 Like

Holden has been an exceptional club full back for Shamrocks Ballyhale.

4 Likes