Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

He was a much better footballer than hurler.

Mind you, he got a few unmerciful roastings in both codes. James O’Donoghue kicked about 8 points off him in a Munster final in the old Stade de Frank while Liam Watson destroyed him up in Croke Park another time.

He was done the last year or two, showed up the lack of depth in the Cork panel when he was still starting. He was all at sea in the AI final, then again they all were.

I can recall him having a right good match in PUC in the championship v Tipp at 3 in his early career

Lohan was well past it at the time , it was embarrassing the way Webster behaved that day …

Ah ya he was probably unreal in 2010 too when Cork beat Tipp in the Stade De Frank.

Made his debut vs Clare in 05. Walked over to Brian Lohan, shook his hand and said “best of luck Frank”. Scored a scuttery goal as you’d see that day

1 Like

Ah that’s funny tbf

I passed through a few weeks ago and no wonder no one want to live there, pure depression

Aye, but Watson got the line as well. So who destroyed who?

Why he didn’t retire last Jan I’ll never know.

Legend all the same

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/kevin-mcmanamon-statement-inter-county-retirement

A lovely statement from a great servant …

3 Likes

Looking forward to Roy’s tribute.

Will drive lads here absolutely demented.

4 Likes

Dublin will miss his mental motivation in the dressers

1 Like
1 Like

That cunt makes me vomit

5 Likes

Gobshite.

‘McMenamon dodging, McMenamon SCORING’ is probably the most iconic single line of commentary in GAA this century.

Who said that?

Ger Canning.

People give out about him, and there are times when he’s only phoning it in, but on the really big days he always comes up with the goods.

Nahhh….”magic, magic Mulligan”

Winner alright. I couldnt even remember the one referred to above. Mulligans by that Darragh fella was iconic.

1 Like