Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

I referred to Padraic Maher as an all time great.

A few Limerick chaps ganged up on me going on about Kyle Hayes this and Kyle Hayes that - I warned the Limerick chaps to be careful what they wished for with KH.

Limerick lads continued to get annoyed that their ‘Hall of Famers’ aren’t getting the credit.

Its escalated from there.

Not getting all 15 all stars really seems to have stuck in the craw for the Limerick chaps. Now some posters are saying that there is a possibility that there has been a better CB than Declan Hannon in the history of hurling, the temerity of the cunts.

So the likes of Hubert Rigney, Ollie Baker and John Troy, celebrated far and wide, are modern day hurlers? To be compared equally with the likes of anyone who played in last year’s semifinals?

Save your outrage now and just go with the question and answer part. Good lad.

When did Declan Hannon retire?

So some of the best players of today are playing in an era that stretches back to as far as before they were even born??

Would you not think that’s too long of a scope for a modern era??

No, sure look at American football. The modern era for their hall of fame is classed as from when the merger happened back in the mid 60s.

Baseball is the 1970s for the modern era hall of fame.

Seanie McMahon’s heyday was around a quarter of a century ago.

1 Like

Lots of Limerick posters also logged on to say Pádraig Maher was an all time great

You started posting shite remarks about Kyle Hayes and disrespected the current Hall of Famers after glas mentioned Hayes and that was that.

That’s a tad bit premature in the case of Barry Nash to be talking about him as an immortal😂

I’m being prophetic. He’ll go close to winning HOTY this year and beyond. A superb hurler. Bookmark the post.

He will. And he mightn’t even start all games. Imagine having to swallow that if you were from Tipp or Cork some other outpost.

He’ll hardly go close to winning hurler of the year if he’s not starting

I just said I didn’t think you should mention him as being on the same tier as canning and Callanan. I also don’t agree with your “passing of a golden generation” wistfulness, because I think there are many players as good or better than many of the ones you mentioned currently playing the game.

They say if you hold your nose it goes down easier. Give it a go.

Is he not a forward by trade? Tremendous reinvention at corner-back but if he’s the “Hall of Famer” that you’re suggesting should he not have walked onto that Limerick team in the forward line or wing-back? But for the unfortunate injury to Richie English he may still be on the periphery of the team.

Very unfortunate that Maher’s club career also appears to be over. He could have had another 5-6 years hurling senior club and countless more playing junior but for this injury.

1 Like

But sure his ability to adapt and play anywhere is the very reason he’s going to end up as a Hall of Famer. Not too many players could do what he has. It’s been remarkable.

If Hannon was injured I can garauntee you, you’d see Nash moved into 6 and he’d be superb there.

I’m told Pádraig Maher’s main issue after the neck injury is that he’s suffering from vertigo because of it. An awful fucking thing that yoke. My heart goes out to the lad.

Watching Limerick drive the ball high over the bar 30 + time in 70 mins would give any opposing player vertigo.

2 Likes

That’s a cunt of a thing; do we know whether it was a freak one-off injury or whether it’s something that has got progressively worse over the years?