Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Serious scalp for Woolie there in week 1, a dream come true

When did Woolie grow the beard

1400 subscribers for the Woolster. Great stuff.

Sounds like games based training has caused it. We need to go back to laps, sprints and linear drills.
Kev will have a meltdown

1 Like

Great to see the outpouring of goodwill towards him and the venture. I don’t think I’ve seen a negative mention anywhere.

If he can steer clear of the corporate shite and keep it simple like that interview he will get more followers imo.

He must have something about him as Paudie is wary enough of giving too many interviews which concentrate on him as opposed to the team in general.

1 Like

He’s probably front loading with his offers to get lads to come on now and then hoping subscribers stay on … it’s a hard sell given how seasonal gaa is …be interesting to see how he tries to evolve it to make money from it all year round …

It’s a 5er a month. Most people will probably just keep paying regardless. Looks like he should be able to make a decent living off it if it’s essentially a one man band

He’s a likeable rogue

1 Like

Personally I hope he doesn’t stick exclusively to player interviews. Some chat with management from now & then, club chairman, physios and just a broader look at the games would be different.

cc @woolie

1 Like

Hotpoint would be a good laugh if he just wants to stir shit

1 Like

That’s not something you really want to be relying on … hopefully he finds a way to make it work.

And bating tyres.

1 Like

In fairness to Wollie he doesnt try to be too funny unlike second captains, off the ball.

The white blots painted on a tyre :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Scully Ryan type training

I think it would be interesting to hear his stories but wouldn’t be worth while unless he’d be honest and told a story.

Woolie’s pundits are fairly C List in reality.

He should stick to interviewing players/managers/officials and forget analysis.

Oh and show some respect to his guests too.

1 Like

Hopefully he might be able entice a few new pundits on board now. I’m sure someone like Ger Loughnane or Cyril would like to talk hurling rather than the sanitised analysis of RTE. Cheddar is a big loss to the hurling analysis.

5 Likes

Loughnane without the RTE clampers would be great