Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

He got an awful belt early in a laois club minor/U21 game when he was 17/18/19 and is auld lad wanted to go legal over it. He played the game but had no recollection of it due to concussion.
Billings was a huge fan of him. He was meant to have been a superp minor hurler and a sound skin in general

I genuinely don’t remember a bit of that, completely blanked it out. The Laois U21 championship is and always has been a bit of a killing fields. Played in the depths of winter as an afterthought it was absolutely unreal entertainment.

Johnno was tbe best man to fetch puck outs I’ve seen in a long number of years. Cheddar tried his best to tempt him but it was never a runner.

I think he played Fitz for a few years while he was above and played well but those teams just lacked depth. He would have overlapped with Noel McGrath. Always thrown in as a full forward but his calling was at 10/12. A sound skin. Laois have so many nearly stories it must hurt, when is your own phoenix going to rose from the ashes?

Ah were just destined to be one of those headcase counties forever I reckon. We have an inate ability to make a balls of it for ourselves time and time again. I think it’s time to embrace the insanity and just enjoy the ride. Maybe it’s the cynic in me at this stage of my life. I’ve tried and I think you just lose the stomach for tbe fight after a while. Priorities change I guess. We’ll settle for the odd spark here and there maybe.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it, or that mentality once the underage structures are good. I’m sure it would be more enjoyable to be a lunatic team with good panels rather than just a few good hurlers.

1 Like

Well go to Ennis this Saturday for the shits and giggles. Bring a hape of gasun’s and Indoctrinate them into the misery and madness.

Still, a trip to Ruislip next year with a bit of luck, we’re good lads for the piss up

1 Like

Laughed at I was.

Ye haven’t a clue ye thick cunts :rollseyes:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0909/1321512-dan-shanahan-retires-from-club-hurling-at-the-age-of-45/

:smiley:

Neil McGee

1 Like

Ulick’s brother?

1 Like

Eamons

A hardy nut in his heyday. I think uncompromising was invented for him.
Might, like many others, have hung around too long.

1 Like

At least three years too long, complete nutter.

These club retirements are some load of bollox

7 Likes

No clubman ever retires

1 Like

A new low.

1 Like

The ego on that lad knows no end.

Couldnt hack full contact hurling after so many years of the touch hurling little all ireland