Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

1 Like

Who?

2 Likes

Who had @Bod95 in the sweeps lads?

I thought this was the Retiring GAA :star: thread not the retiring journeyman thread

Gas cunt

:goat:

2 Likes

He was some player.

Patch was a dinger alright

3 Likes

Thought he’d give it another year or two. The Paddy Carr/Aidan O’ Rourke era mustn’t have appealed to him.

On the go since 2007 though I suppose.

The Sunday Game just appealed to him more

Murphy looked as if it was all too easy at times. That seemed to be a drawback almost at times with his relaxed attitude.

Indianajones GIF by CBS

Must not have fancied the new management team. Obviously waited for the announcement before deciding. He owes them nothing.

Sad that he spent most of his career so far from goal and he one of the best forwards of all time

1 Like

Truly great player

A great servant to Donegal over a fine long innings. Mayo’s Kevin Keane must wake up drenched in sweat at the thoughts of the torching Murphy gave him.

3 Likes

I really do feel the last four or five years of Michael Murphy’s career with Donegal were a big missed opportunity. There was unbelievable talent in the team, they had a window of opportunity to do great things and they never quite got it together in the way they should have. The only way is down now.

Still he led them to one, and in a county like Donegal that’s enough.

15 Likes

Great player, will be remembered long into the future

A fantastic player that was wasted in midfield the last few years

An excellent player for Donegal but they robbed Peter to pay Paul. Got a bit ratty and frustrated in last few years and well able to dish out the digs and elbows

7 Likes

Spot on …Dangerous players should play where they’re dangerous and as an inside forward he was deadly dangerous… I didn’t like see him play further out…

1 Like