Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

1 Like

An inherently mad county.

That would by my point, re the last few years. I felt sorry for him lumbering around the half back line after Cavan/Armagh wingbacks. Wasted back there.

A bad county board can do untold damage sadly

True. Looks to be the case here.

Murphy’s lack of pace prevented him from becoming an all time great. Full forward was his best position but with the emergence of blanket defences (pioneered by his mentor ironically enough) he was often ineffective in there due to volume of traffic. There is very little room for slow lads in the modern game

4 Likes

Perfected by his mentor perhaps, but most certainly not pioneered by him.

Fair point.

That is McStay in trouble. Mullen is crazy too over there, he is probably the best young defensive player around.

Ah he’ll come back home in 2024 having broke himself up, I’m sure.

1 Like

The Mayo way….

I cant see how Mullen makes it with Geelong now. Spurned them last year, and they went and won it out. They have recruited really well too in the off season. Mark O connor is struggling to nail down a spot now, i cant see Mullen doing much too quickly and will he bother for more than 2 years if he doesnt crack it?

Pity I thought Keegan might become the first fella called Lee to win an all ireland medal

You remember ‘Patch’, you know the lad that got Seanie Tobin sent off… hit him a couple of sly belts when Tobin came off the bench, Seanie gave him clip back and he went down like a sack of spuds.

Straight out of the Clare playbook you’d have to say.

That’s Patch. Another great man for the fist pump after winning a dubious free.

Yes, Gaels the length and breadth of Ireland will miss seeing ‘Patch’ take the field.

3 Likes

A facking nobody that happened to win an AI medal

2 Likes

Savage arrogance from the usual suspects :grinning:

Fair play to the big dog, took a few days but someone finally dug out @Bod95

Not GAA