Road Deaths

Yeah that monorail used bring hearty crowds to the Listowel races every September. Many would have stayed in Ballybunion too. They have a greenway type deal there now in its stead. Its spectacular. Winds through a farm belonging to my uncle and where my grandmother used live. Spent many years down there when I was younger. When some people move on though the draw diminishes and of course life gets in the way. I must rent a bike and go through those fields again and back to Listowel for writers week, with a pint or 2 in one of the many great establishments down there.

I vaguely know that Headford rd. I travelled it once on way to Belmullet. We would generally go up there once a year. Went via Ballinrobe. Cant recollect how good bad or indifferent it was. Upon telling the aul lad he wasnt long setting us straight and go by Ballindine, Claremorris instead. That Headford rd wouldnt strike me as a road that would be compatible with a bike.

1 Like

Another person killed on this stretch this evening. A man in his 50s, but with a young family.

Works in Wyatts

That’s the 2nd such incident in recent weeks.

A 16 year old criminal from Limerick, driving a BMW, was killed in a crash in Tipperary a few weeks back.

Two 13 year olds and two 14 year olds in a car at 5 in the morning. Jesus.

Any details on this yet?

Kids taking Dad cars for a spin gone wrong?

Seems to be it alright

Seemed to be an inference in the midday news of some kind of online challenge’s between kids, whether there’s any truth in that

Seems to be a common trend up around there. Sneaking out when the parents are asleep.

Car was stolen in Headford, it didn’t belong to any of the families affected I heard. Driver, looks like he will recover, the other kid is still critical.

It was mentioned on Matt Cooper that 3 had died?

:pensive: I hadnt heard. God help them all

What sort of 13/14 year old is robbing cars at 5 in the morning?

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging: whether the car belonged to any of the families or not, to flip your question around, what 13/14 year old is driving a car on the road at 4 or 5am any morning???
It beggars belief really.

Sorry I assumed it was stolen. You’re correct on the question still standing

1 Like

Is this true chief?

It’s difficult to know. It came from people in the locality but a lot of this can grow legs.

Rip.

Very hard to know what happened there.
Two young couples and a father driving…

1 Like