Rocko's Theatre Review Thread

No danger of @nemesis supporting Irish theatre and going to see it I suppose.

@nemesis? Sure he wouldn’t walk through the front door of the Abbey these days let alone go and see this.

1 Like

Reminds me of when @Appendage refused to go to the hurling with his mates. Too busy for culture.

1 Like

Dafuq?

Bandage has often referenced you refusing to head along to the 2004 Leinster Final with him for example. It’s a clever reference.

Is there such a thing as a rustle-free sweet that would be appropriate for consumption at our National Theatre? I won’t have time to eat this evening before going to the Abbey but would love to bring in a packet of bon bons or something.

Note, I’m not very good at opening things, so anything that involves moderate wrapping will likely cause a disturbance.

Empty a packet of skittles into your pocket

2 Likes

That’s a smashing idea. I was thinking of doing that with bonbons but I’ve a smart new jacket (cc @briantinnion for confirmation) and didn’t want all the powder dust ruining my jacket. I’ll go with skittles or equivalent instead.

Enjoy both the show and the sweets

1 Like

Peanut M & Ms. But I put them in my jacket pocket and it’s too warm to leave my jacket on.

3 Likes

I just lost half the fuckers taking my jacket off.

9 Likes

In the immortal words of Roy Webster.

I fucking knew it.

Enjoy the show @rocko there may be a special treat for you midway through the first half.

Fucks sake

Ah this was terrific. Splendid stuff. A proud day for TFK.

And Portmarnock AFC

Anyone ever been to Waiting for Godot?

Yes the version with stanforx/Brennan McGovern Murphy. I loved it but beckett is weird as hell and not to everyone’s taste.

2 Likes

I concur with this. Saw that version at the Gate, which has been on loads of times I presume.

1 Like

I hope she’s worth it.