Rocko's Theatre Review Thread

good stuff, sold out till next June 2018 at the very earliest now

Anybody been to see the current run of “The Weir” in the Gaity. Going this weekend and have heard good things but I’d be much happier attending it has the tfk stamp of approval.

It was in Mary i recently but I couldn’t make it.
I saw it the first time around (98/99 maybe) in the opera house in Cork, Chuck from Glenroe played the main part, brilliant play from what I remember.

Saw it in Dun Laoghaire last year, I presume it’s the same production. Very enjoyable.

@Juhniallio or @nemesis - have either of you been to see Dublin by Lamplight at the Abbey yet?

Saw this tonight. Fanfuckingtastic. Do not miss this. Will put up a proper review tomorrow.

So fucking proud. Also Fingal was heavily represented throughout.

2 Likes

No danger of @nemesis supporting Irish theatre and going to see it I suppose.

@nemesis? Sure he wouldn’t walk through the front door of the Abbey these days let alone go and see this.

1 Like

Reminds me of when @Appendage refused to go to the hurling with his mates. Too busy for culture.

1 Like

Dafuq?

Bandage has often referenced you refusing to head along to the 2004 Leinster Final with him for example. It’s a clever reference.

Is there such a thing as a rustle-free sweet that would be appropriate for consumption at our National Theatre? I won’t have time to eat this evening before going to the Abbey but would love to bring in a packet of bon bons or something.

Note, I’m not very good at opening things, so anything that involves moderate wrapping will likely cause a disturbance.

Empty a packet of skittles into your pocket

2 Likes

That’s a smashing idea. I was thinking of doing that with bonbons but I’ve a smart new jacket (cc @briantinnion for confirmation) and didn’t want all the powder dust ruining my jacket. I’ll go with skittles or equivalent instead.

Enjoy both the show and the sweets

1 Like

Peanut M & Ms. But I put them in my jacket pocket and it’s too warm to leave my jacket on.

3 Likes

I just lost half the fuckers taking my jacket off.

9 Likes

In the immortal words of Roy Webster.

I fucking knew it.

Enjoy the show @rocko there may be a special treat for you midway through the first half.

Fucks sake