Rocko's Theatre Review Thread

Ah this was terrific. Splendid stuff. A proud day for TFK.

And Portmarnock AFC

Anyone ever been to Waiting for Godot?

Yes the version with stanforx/Brennan McGovern Murphy. I loved it but beckett is weird as hell and not to everyone’s taste.

2 Likes

I concur with this. Saw that version at the Gate, which has been on loads of times I presume.

1 Like

I hope she’s worth it.

I saw RTE 1s Cathal Murray in an excellent UCC dramat production of Godot in about 96 or 97.
When I say excellent I’ll admit that I won’t ever go to see it again.

Saw it tonight in The Abbey.
Never saw Beckett play before so was expecting to be some what confused.

Enjoyed it ( would generally prefer my play watching outings more traditional i.e. whatever The Gate is showing) and well worth attending.
Can’t beat a good night at the theatre. The 2 main actors wee very impressive.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd my brother saw Hamilton in Chicago the other night. He knew little enough about it beforehand but said it was sensational.

2 Likes

It is sensational.

Anyone been to “Private Lives” at the Gate.
Would give it a 6/10.

Still trying to digest the Gates new season. Certainly a change from Mick Colgans era

1 Like

The lion king in the West end

10/10

1 Like

Galwegians. This is on in the town hall this week. Do not miss it. It’s savage. Cc @Ambrose_McNulty @KinvarasPassion @Lazarus @anon7035031 @maroonandwhite @ironmoth @flattythehurdler @ClarkeyCat

4 Likes

Anyone see The Great Gatsby at the Gate.
I don’t like sound of it all.
Patrons encouraged to dress in the style of the time etc
Sounds wrong

And @Sidney and @Nembo_Kid @Horsebox of course.

1 Like

Ulysses at the Abbey. Lewd, crude and rude. Bonkers and massively entertaining.

1 Like

I accept that some forum members will be aghast at posting it here but I was thinking of taking my life partner to the Ross O’Carroll-Kelly play in the Gaeity during the week. I don’t want to commit to a purchase now due to our work commitments but does anyone know if you can buy tickets at the box office just before the show starts or is online booking in advance necessary?

Deary me

You can’t get much more middle of the road

:scream::scream:!!!

Do it Bandage. I’d imagine There’ll be tickets but they may be in the upper circle. Ringing should see you secure some tickets for better seats.

1 Like