ROI v's AZE & SRB

Woolie has spoken.

I don’t see it. We could get lucky. They could play poorly but they have points to play for and it’s hard to see us creating much from play anyway. They would pick us apart at will if we are as open as we were tonight.

2 Likes

Kenny is lucky we have no senior pundits on duty this evening.

1 Like

I just figure they won’t sit back and we may have more luck going forward.

Did you have to wear a mask while sitting in your seat?

Nah. It is mildly encouraged. Same as Croke Park

2 Likes

What was the last goal Ireland scored in a competitive international not against Gibraltar which didn’t come off a stick it in the mixer cross or a hoof or a set piece or a bad mistake? Including Nations League matches.

I think the first goal in Serbia counts as creative play rather than a stick in the mixer hit and hope cross but it was still a cross.

Is it McClean against Austria in 2016?

15 competitive games without a win now. And some bad sides on that list.

Spock out.

There isn’t another Irish manager in living memory who would not have been sacked after losing to Luxembourg and drawing with Azerbaijan at home in the same campaign

3 Likes

Kenny isn’t learning from his mistakes. He keeps making poor selection errors. What part of the process is McClean in? Coleman back to RCB after tearing up the field against Portugal at wing back. Where was Parrott playing? Why was Molumby selected when he is a workhorse over McGrath and Hourihane? What is our actual preferred method of creating chances that is so superior to the previous regimes. The only goals we seem to score are from Egan or Duffy coming up from the back.

1 Like

His only positive is hes been to Ireland before and knows where terryland park is. But that is a big positive in fairness. Hopefully they keep him.

Christ Molumby was woeful. Parrott on the right wing when he has no pace was very strange.

How was Idah man of the match? Missed an absolute sitter.

Cullen was our best player

1 Like

I make it that the last time we scored a non headed goal with genuine creative play in a competitive match against any sort of respectable opposition was McClean against Austria, 30 matches ago.

Azerbaijan 2021 – Duffy header off a stick it in the mixer cross

Portugal 2021 – Egan header from a corner

Luxembourg 2021 – no goal

Serbia 2021 – Collins after a very bad defensive/goalkeeping mistake

Serbia 2021 – Browne header from a cross but it was a genuinely good move so I’m willing to give this one as being down to genuine creativity, but still a header

Bulgaria 2020 (H) – no goal

Wales (A) – no goal

Finland (A) 2020 – no goal

Wales (H) 2020 – no goal

Slovakia (A) 2020 – no goal

Finland (H) 2020 – no goal

Bulgaria (A) 2020 – Duffy header from a corner

Denmark (H) 2019 – Doherty header from a stick it in the mixer cross

Switzerland (A) 2019 – no goal

Georgia (A) 2019 – no goal

Switzerland (H) 2019 – McGoldrick header from a stick it in the mixer cross

Denmark (A) 2019 – Duffy header from a set piece

Georgia (H) 2019 – Hourihane shot from a free kick

Denmark (A) 2018 – no goal

Wales (H) 2018 – no goal

Denmark (H) 2018 – no goal

Wales (A) 2018 – Williams shot after a terrible defensive mistake

Denmark (H) 2017 – Duffy from a set piece

Denmark (A) 2017 – no goal

Wales (A) 2017 McClean strike after a low cross

Moldova (H) 2017 – Murphy header off a stick in the mixer cross

Moldova (H) 2017 – Murphy header off a long throw

Serbia (H) 2017 – no goal

Georgia (A) 2017 – Duffy header from a set piece

Austria (H) 2017 – Walters strike off a hoof by the goalkeeper

Wales 2017 – no goal

Austria (A) 2016 – McClean after creative play on the ground

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Parrott will do fuck all

Sorry I meant :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

That was a super pass by Cullen today

1 Like

It was a fine ball and obviously every goal counts the same but that list highlights the almost total dearth of creative quality in Irish teams over the last five years. We are unbelievably pedestrian in terms of creativity. If it wasn’t for Shane Duffy we’d be a fifth seed.