ROI v's AZE & SRB

You are a great man for his law :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’d argue it’s quite an attractive job now for any one out of work.

Pretty much rock bottom so expectations will be at an all time low.

Young squad too.

2 Likes

John O’Shea as assistant. Be a good duo.

Until one of our front men come good we are going nowhere. Hopefully Obafemi might start firing at Swansea.

Shane Duffy has scored as many goals for Ireland as Johnny Giles

3 Likes

Benito Carbone is the Azerbaijan assistant manager

2 Likes

Ger Dunne needs to be handed the reins

Ollie Horgan surely.

2 Likes

A fantastic day out roaring on Kenny’s Kids

2 Likes

The team probably would be better with a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1…we definitely lack a bit of athleticism in the middle bar maybe Browne.

Seedorf was an unbelievable player, wouldn’t say he was underrated or anything but not sure I ever saw the guy give the ball away all the same.

His teams won trophies

I don’t think the 3 games in a week suits us at all and I feel sorry for Kenny in that regard as he has to freshen it up, but there is absolutely no continuity in selection in terms of personnel or formation.

I had thought Kenny was a disciple of the 4-3-3 but it literally could be anything these days. The players seem to be making it up as they go along with Coleman and Egan finding themselves in very advanced positions in the second half. A half decent team would have done us on the counter to make it 0-2

4 Likes

Agree 3 games in a week kills us. Mcgrath should definetely have played some part tonight. Molumby and Idah’s headers were woeful misses. Badly need someone in midfield who can keep the ball. Gavin Killkenny should be called up in October. Knight and Ogbene should make a difference. Kenny is going to lose his job so in October should just keep Coleman, Duffy and Doherty of old guard. Rest should be bombed up, nothing more to offer.

1 Like

I think SK will keep his job for the Euros . I don’t really think he has done a good job but he will get that long

Failure to qualify for the Euros should be a sackable offence for an Irish manager

1 Like

Sheasy would look less gormless on the sideline than Keith Andrews anyway. Quiet authority. The best kind.

I think Parrott’s potential will be capped by how slow and unathletic he is. Even if he’s a good finisher.

Meanwhile Connolly is quick and strong but has no composure or awareness.

Idah seems to be potentially the most rounded but doesn’t look like a major goal threat at the moment.

1 Like

I thought one of them would be a major star for us by now but it has not happened. Playing Parrott on the right yesterday was crazy.

The Irish soccer media who are sympathetic to SK were a couple of years back lambasting Jose Mourinho for not starting Troy Parrott .

Let that sink in

8 Likes