ROI v's AZE & SRB

Noone is talking about the arrogant refusal to call up obafemi.

1 Like

I also think that there seems to be a blind spot that we can only conceivably play possession football with Kenny. And no other manager could implement a progressive playing style.

But regardless of that style point we do need to play with a much higher tempo particularly at home. We can’t sit back and expect that our passing will be good enough to open teams up if we do it at a leisurely pace and don’t try and win the ball back in their half.

5 Likes

Connolly can’t press. He doesn’t know where to be or how to press. He runs full pelt in a straight line at the nearest man.

The change in attitude and press was evident with Horgan for about 25 minutes in the second half until all discipline went

1 Like

People should not be surprised that while some were heralding Stumpy as the saviour when he burst on the scene for Brighton I had him well and truly sussed early doors.

1 Like

2 Likes

I think it’s the ‘grassroots’ element of Kenny that is more important than any vague notion about the style hes trying to play. I really feel that is absolutely vital. We need someone who is rooted in the game here who actually knows about and cares about the health of the game in the country at the moment and into the future. This is because of the unique (or at least very rare) nature of the game in this country. The whole culture of the sport needs changing. None of our players live here. Most haven’t lived here since they were teenagers. Some have never been here. If it’s not going to be Kenny it has to be someone like him.

There was some post Brexit thing about Irish lads not being able to go to England until they were 18? Is that still the case? Would be good news I think.

One of the keepers lives here

A very long winded post justifying why it’s ok for Ireland not to beat Azerbaijan :azerbaijan:

3 Likes

Scales called up the moment he leaves Rovers.

Spock refused to give Jack Byrne game time when he was fit and available.

Starting Travers over Bazuna in Serbia.

Refuses to call up Burke or Mandriou.

He is letting his anti Shamrock Rovers bias affect the national team’s ability to compete

3 Likes

That time.he was locked out of the dressing has really hit his ego

1 Like

Burke or Mandriou?:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:, quote of the year. Burke in particular was a total passenger v Tailin.

What’s it, one goal in 2 games for the free state?

1 Like

I really think Cian Lynch could do a job for Ireland in midfield. He’s surely better than what’s there at the minute.

1 Like

To me Kenny seems best suited to the sort of role Brian Kerr had in the youth set up. I think he’d be great at that.

I think once you get to senior international level it’s too hard to change a culture, especially with such a threadbare talent pool. The culture has to come from youth football. At senior you can only rely on the players that have come through and work with their limitations.

What seems clear to me is that John Delaney has completely fucked Irish football in general.

2 Likes

Horgan has played well whenever he’s got on the pitch under Kenny. Bizarre he is yet to start a game of any consequence

The FAI has been fucking Irish football for generations.

I think we will improve but its going to be 2 years before Kenny’s work pays off. Will Kenny be there to see it through? I doubt it but if someone like Neil Lennon or Big Sam is the alternative we should stick with Kenny.

1 Like

Jesus.

These chaps are the most pathetic creeps about.

No doubt the same weapons who were viciously anti Delaney, very anti O’Neill, anti McCarthy and anti Trap and are now defiantly defending the worst manager Ireland has ever had who has led them to embarrassing result and embarrassing result.

7 Likes

Horgan was decent yesterday . He helped set a tempo

How long before the FAI say it’s not working?

When is his contract up?

Aye.

It’s John Delaney’s fault :rollseyes: not the idiots that are more interested in pumping money into Murderpool than supporting their own game.

Plenty of young lads up north who are eligible for Ireland are now being ignored by the partitionist Free State FAI.

If the same rules are in place then as now and if the IFA were aggressively pursuing the same tactics as they are now then Duffy and McClean would never have got to play for Ireland.

3 Likes