ROI v's AZE & SRB

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

The big selection today was Des Curran getting the nod to start.

I like Des and think he’s much better than Maloney or Hamilton, but I did think he could have eased off on the Azeri facts, figures and trivia.

They’re minnows. They’re shit. I really don’t care about them.

2 Likes

Spock makes these points after every game that “we should have won 4-1” or something to that effect. He goes on like other teams score all of their chances

1 Like

I really don’t like McLean that much, he’s a fool who calls the catch cries of the clown, but he wasn’t that bad tonight.

He’s better than Moloney who was embarassing Wednesday but I think he lacks Hamilton’s je ne sais quoi for bring a sense of occasion to a fixture or bring the big moments to a higher level. Hamilton is in definitely in decline though.

3 Likes

I’m worried Connolly might not be very good

Ireland haven’t had a good playmaker in 40 odd years and have no sign of any coming along.

1 Like

The Irish football media should resign along with Spock.

Would love to see Sutty take on Bosco from the Snowflake Captains again.

He’s more interested in the trappings of fame than in being able to trap a ball.

Idah came across as a really good lad in his interview. He’s made fine strides in these two matches and his demeanour would have you believe he’ll make more.

Why was the centre half from Norwich not picked? He had a very decent game.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to @mickee321 take on this.
@Rocko is always a good opinion.
Davy to Galway and Lennon to Ireland would put a cap on covid.

George is back for Serbia. It’s going to be an occasion to match the Czech Republic in October 2006.

The lady pundit wasn’t great tbh.

That was an odd call. McClean indirectly replaced him and it resulted in Coleman and Doherty moving away from the roles they did well in the other night.

2 Likes

Hard to see a contract extension for Kenny beyond this campaign.

Yer man Johnathon Hill doesn’t fancy him at all.

Watching the highlights now on Sky Sports. Coleman was terrible for their goal. No idea why he doesn’t fully commit to closing the goal scorer down. He’s very casual. Yer man spends ages looking for a pass and belatedly shoots. Even at that, he didn’t shift the ball out of his feet at lightening speed when he finally decided to shoot. Coleman should have been right in his face to block it. I have a feeling Bazunu might have done better too. He may have been fractionally slow to react.

1 Like

Jim Goodwin the man for me if Kenny goes. Doing a great job at St Mirren. Eddie Howe best of English options but couldnt imagine he’d touch it.

Fucking hell. 5 of Ireland’s last 15 competitive goals (admittedly this goes back 4 years) have been scored by Shane Duffy :grimacing:

2 Likes

How many of the players apart from Jamie McGrath have heard of Jim Goodwin?