Roma Season 2018/19

This must be the busiest summer transfer activity I can recall at Roma.

We have now officialy signed:

Mirante
Marcano
Bianda
Santon
Coric
Cristante
Pastore
Kluivert

Out have gone:
Nainggolan
Tumminello
Skorupsi

Ziyech is strongly rumoured to be next for Roma after Ajax confirmed he has agreed a deal with another club. It promises to be a very interesting summer at the least.

We’ve announced a deal for 21 year old Brazilian keeper Daniel Fuzato who will arrive as our third choice keeper. He holds an Italian passport.

Bruno Peres has also departed to Sao Paolo on a season long loan deal.

Gerson has gone to Fiorentina on loan and Alisson has left for Liverpool in a world transfer record breaking fee for a keeper.

It looks like we will look to replace Alisson with Swedish keeper Robin Olsen or PSG’s Alphonse Areola.

In other news we are said to be close to a move for Bordeaux winger Malcom for a fee in the region of €35-40m.

I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t really tried to improve our centre back options, Marcano is a cheap depth signing and Bianda is a future prospect. I’d hope we could unload Juan and get a big name in there.

Talk has all gone quiet on Ziyech.

What kind of fee is being mentioned for Olsen. Was somewhat impressed with him at the WC and thought he would get a move but more so to a midtable Italian, German or English team.

While he looked solid I wouldn’t have thought he was up to replacing Allison

Yeah. I thought he looked good at the World Cup but I’d be wary. He’s 28 now and his career record before now is not that impressive as such.

Roma hoping to get him for between €10-12m and Copenhagen looking for around €18m according to reports.

We’ve brought Mirante in earlier this season who is an experienced keeper with over 300 Serie A appearances so we do have a fairly reliable back up in any case.

Barcelona beat us to Malcom in the end after we had a deal agreed with Bordeaux. He seems to be highly rated so time will tell if it’s a big blow or not.

Olsen has signed for an initial fee of €8.5m rising to €12m after performance related bonuses.

Defrel is on his way to Sampdoria on loan.

We will certainly look to get another big name right sided attacker in after missing out on Malcom. I’d also hope we push for a starting centre half too.

I see Roma had the red carpet laid out for a Brasilian player yesterday and were stood at the airport waiting for him to arrive but he got off in Barcelona instead :rofl:

Did we?

Monchi wanted him big time but EDF prefers Berardi, as I do.

Will there be legal action over the Malcom affair @Cicero_Dandi?

Seems a bizarre affair altogether

No real point. As EDF says there are plenty of other players out there.

Barca despicable again in their transfer dealings

Bourdeaux don’t come out of it well either

Not a great result

Friendly.

Pah.

1 Like

True but you don’t wasn’t to be losing to EPL also rams .

A friendly mate. Doesn’t worry me.

N’Zonzi in for €25m if we can offload Gonalons.

I think this would be a great signing, he has came on leaps and bounds in recent years, very athletic, keeps the ball well and gives a physical presence in midfield.

I’m very disappointed we don’t seem to have targetted a starting centre back this summer. Fazio has done fine but I think we need an upgrade on him if we’re to challenge for major honours.

Leon Bailey looks to have emerged as our main target for the wide attacker slot. Fees of €40m touted.

Quite bizarrely Roma are in white and Madrid in red for tonight’s fixture.

Nzonzi joining

1 Like

That was a very special last minute winner from Dzeko this evening.

1 Like