Rory McIlroy

That’s a question one should never have to ask about oneself

I’m interested to hear what led Matty_Hislop to such a conclusion

He’d want to the state his putting is in

You think it’s OK for Shinners to say Londonderry but attack other Catholics if they say it.

Bizarre and erratic behaviour.

2 Likes

You’re talking rubbish. McDonald’s uses Derry but accepts that there’s a unionist trading that says Londonderry - regardless of the reasons for doing so. A northern Catholic has no reason to adopt a term that is artificial, used to override Irish heritage and which us a pathetic attempt at an act of supremacy.
Why is he using the term?

1 Like

You truly are a simpleton. Do you still refer to Dun Laoghaire as Kingstown?

1 Like

Yes.

6 Likes

I shouldn’t have asked really.

1 Like

Sorry mate,
I like to see the good in people, a bit like@The_Selfish_Giant, I think Rory meant no harm. :neutral_face:

You’re easily the dumbest bastard on the forum.

So you think Rory was being ‘good’. Could you explain how?

You keep arranging the chairs for he Shinners mate. They love exploiting fuckwits like you.

1 Like

You change your language apparently depending on company …

I remember an ex of mine from Limerick, her old lad was from Derry… we were working in Canada and there was a documentary maker of protestant NI stock who frequented the same bar we often went to … anyway, the auld Londonderry / Derry came up - a bit brazen from your man kind of thing… and she just looked at him and said 'my father calls it Derry so i’ll be calling it Derry … Just pure honest steadfastness towards her people, I really admired her for that at a time when I may have been more subservient myself not knowing much about the north. But she was not ashamed of who she was and where she came from.

@backinatracksuit just sums up your average Irish person who has been beaten (spiritually) for such a long time they have forgotten who they are. They’ll do anything to appease everyone else and have no pride in who they are or where they come from.

It’s the same shite we’d see from lads playing the happy O’Irish drunk - the videos where people try to pronounce Irish names and then laugh when they hear the actual pronunciation of it and we let it off as ‘craic’… imagine doing that to black or Muslim names and laughing? - The same with our accent - and of course the potato famine is a ‘great’ joke … a genocide turned into a joke and Paddy being the biggest cheer leader just to be liked.

The putrid on social media looking for kudos from the world when something positive in Ireland happens is more of it … and on and on I could go. It’s a sad and pathetic reality that we can’t be confident in our self to be ourselves and proud of our history and culture. We’re utterly ashamed of our history here - we’ve left an establishment press brow beat anything linked to our republican past as shameful - just as our middle classes have done since the famine - shamed us into being subservient. Your @Matty_Hislop’s , your @backinatracksuit, your @rory_mcIIroy’s are all products of this long and shameful campaign to deny us who we are. It’s post colonialism 101 - subscribe to the ‘master’ culture and look shamefully on anything indigenous.

There’s Orange and there’s Green - we can be accepting and accommodating of each - but it’s about being true to yourself and accepting of the other.

5 Likes

You regularly preach tolerance yet you’re foaming at the mouth about this fellas innocent use of a word :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m not foaming. I’m just sad…I’m pointing out that we are a broken people spiritually and you come in with your little smiley faces after totally missing the point.

Some times I wish I was with @anon7035031 and long gone out of this place.

You said he used the term because he “probably feels he needs to be careful”, now his use of the term is innocent? Right…

You’re massively overreacting, in your role as a Sinn Fein spokesman you preach tolerance in here quite a bit, I won’t go looking for examples but you know what I mean, don’t say I have no pride in my place because I refuse to be a sheep and lacerate this chap over the innocent use of a word, that’s fucking pathetic, and your story about the brave girl in Canada? Jesus wept

We are broken spirituality because some middle class Catholic golfer said "Northern Ireland "

Catch a grip of yourself ffs.

You’re both squirming here because I’ve delivered some home truths … yourself and @backinatracksuit are Uncle Toms - or Uncle Paddies maybe a more apt description.

1 Like

You refuse to be a sheep but you don’t see an issue with mcilroy being one? Bowing to the establishment, being one of the good catholics, an uncle Tom etc
You don’t get it, maybe you should stop digging

2 Likes