Rory McIlroy

Jesus it was a clinical take down all the same, surgical almost in its execution.

A lot of posters have read my post and saw themselves in it. They are ashamed.

Their defences are up and i’m being called a liar and being told i’m at various stages on the rattled-o-meter… it’s unbelievable what a few words of truth can do.

2 Likes

The north is so fucked either way he said it he was going to upset one set of hand wringers or the other.

McIlroy is extremely self aware and knows where his bread is buttered. He’s refused to take Irish flags after victory, he’s refused to represent Ireland. He knew what he was saying. He didn’t mean offense. He calculatedly said it because that’s the way he is. He’s protecting future earnings at all times.

In short he’s scared shitless to be seen as an Irish nationalist because it’s not good for the brand.

I’m sceptical of his Catholicism because of that pube head anyways

1 Like

Bollox. He’s the hand wringer. He would have upset no-one by calling the place by it’s name, and calling it Londonderry is a political statement- one that will have no bearing on his earnings.
I’ve no issue with him not taking the tricolour, but he seems to have adopted the union jack instead. I’ve no issue with him being a unionist either. I do have an issue with him aping his unionist masters.

3 Likes

You’ve been wringing your hands on this thread for 2 days about a lad that lives in America calling a place by a name you don’t agree with.

You’ve no issue with him getting a leg up from the golf union of Ireland and then refusing to represent Ireland, yet go spastic about how he says a place name, but it’s ok for a sinn feinn politician to say the same thing?

I said I’ve no issue about what flag he has allegiance to. I wasn’t talking about his history with the golf union of Ireland. If you want to wring your hands about that go ahead.

If you’ve no issue with a flag then why would you have an issue with him calling it by the name the country he has allegiance with gave the place?

There’s something more deep-rooted here going on.

I’m out of this with you anyway, arguing with an extremist is not good for you mental health, akin to getting a toddler in a car seat when they dont want to

If you don’t understand the issue then keep out of it or else try to learn. Calling posters extremists won’t hide your ignorance. I said I had no problem with him being a unionist. Explain how that makes me an extremist or go and crawl under a rock

1 Like

You’re on a mission because a lad that lives in America called a place by a name you don’t agree with but have excused the same behaviour from a nationalist, flimsy excuses by the way.

Condeming one person for behaviour and excusing another for the same behaviour because they have similar beliefs to you is extremely extremist.

Your reaction to the comment is extreme, you’re reading too much into it, in my opinion and you’re mad looking for a row here to show your credentials

You could consider answering the question you were asked

You read too much into it, you’re out of control right now :smiley:

Uncle Paddy.

Rubbish. McDonald’s acknowledged some call it Londonderry, if you take the trouble to think you’ll see the distinction. Mcillroy chose one term over the other. Why?

Rory’s harmless lads, give him a break.

I couldn’t give a fuck. But then again I’m not an extremist.

1 Like

You’re being a coward. You read into it, got it wrong and now come running back when you think you can hide behind someone else’s petticoats.

I doubt any extremist thinks they’re an extremist.

Jesus mate, take it easy. I’ve explained myself, I’ll reply via PM cause I’ve time on my hands right now but I’m not gonna repeat myself over and over here,
You’re off the wall

You obviously don’t. Your behaviour is worrying