Rory McIlroy

Noddy, can I ask you to answer me one question honestly, who do you prefer Celtic or Rangers?

Good reply SS. :thumbsup:

McDowell is an orange cunt. Wore these outrageous orange pants when playing a tournament during Orange day a few years back. Ive despised him since.

What’s that got to do with Rory McIlroy changing allegiance despite representing Ireland thus far and SS** claiming that anyone who questions his motives is a Celtic jersey wearing, death threat making, rabid Republican?

The strange thing is that he is already representing another country. It would be a news story if Tiger Woods started to compete for Russia.

Co. Down is not in Great Britain. Why do you think the the full title for the UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? Northern Ireland is technically part of the UK; it is not part of Great Britain.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Sure you were. :popcorn: As dancarter noted, why the need to place Great Britain in inverted commas then and disrespect millions of British people? The inference was transparent and intolerant in the extreme, bordering on the sectarian.
[/quote]

Maybe because if McIlroy competes for them then it won’t really be a gb team. It’ll be drawing from a greater area so the ‘Great Britain’ could be in a hint that the team is not going to really be Great Britain.

:stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:

bobby sands definitly did not eat all the pies.:stuck_out_tongue:

whose that stupid whore with the AK47 in the picture above meant to be?
give me a good belfast proddy bird from QUB or coleraine any day over a nationalist mucksavage.

bit harsh on fat bobby tho…
he was not am IRA scumbag like the wannabe types like noddy still crawling about the sewer today

Giuseppe has addressed this. Get your facts straight.

I was thinking the same as bandage there for a while before he commented on it-that Shannonsider’s replies were very MGGesque.
McIlroy-what a fooker.

I’d agree with that. It’s his own choice, he shouldn’t be resented for it.

I heard that Harrington and McGInley held him down and tried to pull off his wig.

My apologies for not being a pedantic cunt like yourself and Giuseppe. :thumbsup:

Hardly pedantic. Your statement was plain wrong.

Saw his name mentioned on the thread somewhere.

Sure you change allegiances on a whim regularly. Man City to GC, Ireland to Scotland etc etc

Is it worth asking where Bandage took that news item from? I’ve scoured a few outlets and cant find it reported anywhere reputable?

it was reported widely 2 days ago alright, try the rte website.

i dont see what the fuss is about, he’s a young lad who has the choice, its 7 years away he will be a different man by then and whatever he chooses will be from his heart, i wouldnt get upset about it.

There are lads born and bred in Dublin representing England in cricket but it doesn’t stop some hardcore republicans cheering on the England cricket team.

[quote=“HBV*”]it was reported widely 2 days ago alright, try the rte website.

i dont see what the fuss is about, he’s a young lad who has the choice, its 7 years away he will be a different man by then and whatever he chooses will be from his heart, i wouldnt get upset about it.

There are lads born and bred in Dublin representing England in cricket but it doesn’t stop some hardcore republicans cheering on the England cricket team.[/quote]

Fair play, thats a good point.

By the way,what hardcore republicans are you talking about there HBV*?

[quote=“myboyblue”]Fair play, thats a good point.

By the way,what hardcore republicans are you talking about there HBV*?[/quote]

I presume Bandage is one anyway.

I think both sides have a decent argument here, as he has represent Ireland in the past, but its redundant untill he actually HAS to choose.
To say Bandage is getting his arse handed him is way off the mark though.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I presume Bandage is one anyway.
[/quote]

Oh I don’t know about that, would Bandage really deem himself a hardcore republican? What exactly is a Hardcore Republican? I would deem it to be someone who would or has shed blood for his cause, I can’t imagine Bandage would do this?

A heavyweight Republican might be more appropriate perhaps?

The way I look at is as follows:

You’re either a nationalist or not. You either love your nation or you don’t feel any special bond to a particular nation.
I think alot of people in the north with the whole dual passport/dual citizinship thing are confused and have a weak loyalty to any particular nation.
the opposite is also true where, up north, you have those people who are extreme in their loyalty to the nation they consider themselves to be a part of, be it the UK or Ireland.
Rory to me seems to be just not particularly loyal to either. He’ll play for Ireland against England or for England if he wants.
He’s not a traitor. He just doesn’t seem to have the intensity of loyalty that most people we know have for Ireland.
I guess in a way it’s like some lad from Clare living in Thurles and then playing for Tipp. If he does not see everything as black and white then he is not a traitor yet those in Scarriff may call for his head.
Personally I’m proud to be from Ireland, even though the new Ireland is full of bloody muppets. In summary, he is his own man and can do what he likes.
The traitor.

Yours etc,
GSH.