Rory McIlroy

[quote=“myboyblue”]Fair play, thats a good point.

By the way,what hardcore republicans are you talking about there HBV*?[/quote]

Bandage.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Oh I don’t know about that, would Bandage really deem himself a hardcore republican? What exactly is a Hardcore Republican? I would deem it to be someone who would or has shed blood for his cause, I can’t imagine Bandage would do this?

A heavyweight Republican might be more appropriate perhaps?[/quote]

i wouldnt, its beside the overall point really but maybe Bandage could clear this technicality up anyway

speaking of technicalities, how is it that Bandage, from Wexford, is not classified as a Muldoon?
surely being Dublin born-and-bred is a pre-requisite for non-Muldoon status?

[quote=“treaty_exile”]speaking of technicalities, how is it that Bandage, from Wexford, is not classified as a Muldoon?
surely being Dublin born-and-bred is a pre-requisite for non-Muldoon status?[/quote]

all you need to know is that everyone considers you a muldoon- dont worry about anyone else

[quote=“treaty_exile”]speaking of technicalities, how is it that Bandage, from Wexford, is not classified as a Muldoon?
surely being Dublin born-and-bred is a pre-requisite for non-Muldoon status?[/quote]

its like the legends group, you consider yourself one therefor you are.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Oh I don’t know about that, would Bandage really deem himself a hardcore republican? What exactly is a Hardcore Republican? I would deem it to be someone who would or has shed blood for his cause, I can’t imagine Bandage would do this?

A heavyweight Republican might be more appropriate perhaps?[/quote]

good point- if anyone puts forward a slightly republican view they get labelled a hardcore republican or barstool republican- ill have to start labelling tom carter a barstool unionist or SS** a hardcore blueshirt

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]The way I look at is as follows:

You’re either a nationalist or not. You either love your nation or you don’t feel any special bond to a particular nation.
I think alot of people in the north with the whole dual passport/dual citizinship thing are confused and have a weak loyalty to any particular nation.
the opposite is also true where, up north, you have those people who are extreme in their loyalty to the nation they consider themselves to be a part of, be it the UK or Ireland.
Rory to me seems to be just not particularly loyal to either. He’ll play for Ireland against England or for England if he wants.
He’s not a traitor. He just doesn’t seem to have the intensity of loyalty that most people we know have for Ireland.
I guess in a way it’s like some lad from Clare living in Thurles and then playing for Tipp. If he does not see everything as black and white then he is not a traitor yet those in Scarriff may call for his head.
Personally I’m proud to be from Ireland, even though the new Ireland is full of bloody muppets. In summary, he is his own man and can do what he likes.
The traitor.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

:smiley: My main objection is the immediate rush to call McIlroy a cunt because a shit stirring tabloid hack ambushed a naive young sports star with a loaded question. There are lots of blurred lines in this area, Martin O’Neill played for Northern Ireland, Mary Peters represented Great Britain, Wayne McCullough fought for Ireland and was often pictured with a tricolour, Barry McGuigan works for BSKYB. More than anything I’m disappointed with Bandage rushing in with this story in such a mischievous way, that’s what I lashed out at. It’s lazy and certainly not what I’d expect from someone who hitherto wrote 2000 word posts on Home & Away scenarios. Bandage you say I try too hard, I ask the question, are you trying hard enough yourself any more?

Its a tricky one to be honest T_E. Bandage views himself as a townie, despite being from somewhere like Wexford. He attributes it to being from the Eastern Seabord, but I think the real reason may be more attribuable to the fact that he’s always had a deep seated love for all things Dublin’ish and on arrival to Dublin he begged to be taken to their bosom. The people of Dublin acquiesed and the bond has grown stronger ever since.

Bandage may be viewed as someone who took the soup, and I don’t think he’d object to the description.

There’s nothing wrong with a republican viewpoint, but I’d be quite amused if bandage viewed himself to be a hardcore republican. It’s like when farmer starts speaking like a Vietnam vet talking about the war when he goes on about 1960’s and 70’s Belfast and the conditions up there, like he lived through it.

You’re more of a jukebox republican like me.

:thumbsup:

huh?

You missed your calling in a forensics lab, NCC, you dullard. McGuigan worked for BSKYB. Happy?

It is also very odd that Mr McIllroy enjoyed (or perhaps exploited) Irish funded elite training grants and the golf Academy support structure. Did Team GB not notice his potential as a teenager? Or where the Paddies the only ones prepared to stump up.

He declared his ambitions for Team GB the same day Golf, Rugby and Women’s Boxing medals would be included in 2016, It was only a matter of time before he would be doorstepped and cornered.

He was ripe for headlines in two media markets.

I love this business.

Win Win

so what? arent they an australian or an american company anyway?

good to see you think that working for a british company makes you a DOB though:D

What’s a DOB NCC?

Rory McIlory plays golf.

question asked & answered before:rolleyes:

& anyone who plays golf is a cunt

I speak passionately about a subject I have an interest in.

Get over yourself.

:smiley: :clap: Stupid fucking game