Rory McIlroy

Golfers care about them. Getting to the Tour Championship is the greatest prize now every year, and is based on the whole year. Look at the leaderboard today, the top 5 golfers in the world are in the top 10.

A dinosaur argument.

Nope. Just the truth. You can add golf to another subject you spoof about.

Says the lad who thinks Spieth is still the golfer to talk about :rofl:

Didn’t say that.

I just said it’s bizarre to write him off and not McIlpube.

McIlroy’s game is about power. He makes a mockery out of some holes with how far he hits it. His short game and wedge play isn’t up to the likes of Tiger and Mickelson so when the power does fade he doesn’t have all the shots to compete like the other 2 do into his latest 30s 40s

I reckon he’d be better off being 40 yards back. Sure if the wedges are crap you’re better off hitting full shots. His irons are sensational

Fair point but you can’t really compare anyone to Tiger. Michelsen has been wildly erratic off the tee most of his career, which is the reason he only won 5 majors in an almost 30 year career. Obviously his 44 PGA wins are very impressive, but 25 of those have come since he turned 31, Rory’s current age. Conceivably DJ, JT, and Rory could end up with as many PGA wins and more majors than Michelsen, all three are in great shape and have swings that hold up under pressure.

Hon Rory!

I read recently that newbi fathers tend to win sporting stuff. No explanation given as to why.

I can think of a few reasons why. There are fellas in my club who never trained as much since becoming fathers.

2 Likes

What’s this now?

The nappy factor/baby bounce

The implosion has begun

Course looks brutal today. The 15mph wind has made all the difference. I have never seen so many 3 foot putts missed.

This is where McIlroy usually comes out now and starts to chase and the doubles and trebles come into play.

The guy is an utter dud.

2 Likes

Ye’d nearly feel sorry for him at this stage

1 Like

He is the golfing equivalent of Lleyton Hewitt or Andy Roddick.

Four shots behind and lads are licking their lips.

He’s steadied the ship.

Porky pig is gonna win the fucking thing