RTE Correspondents

One of the greats.

Knock, knock, open wide
See what’s on the other side
Knock, knock, anymore
Come with me through the magic door

1 Like

Sean Whelan has been appointed as the new London Correspondent. I haven’t been impressed by Whelan’s displays in Europe and Economics down through the years.

What does that mean for Fiona Mitchell?

cc @Fagan_ODowd

Is there a new South-Eastern correspondent yet? Phoenix has a right cut last week at Damien Tiernan and his news output compared to Fiona Mitchell.

What was the thrust of the piece?

The new Northern Ireland correspondent wouldn’t fill you much confidence. I saw him on the News over the weekend.

I think he’s a big upgrade on Brendan Wright of our Northern Staff.

1 Like

A good appointment.

1 Like

Ray Kennedy doing well interviewing An Taoiseach on the news now.

Much superior to his other colleagues.

Cathy Halloran looking very worn out after the weekend’s Election coverage on her report on the 9 o’clock news there

What’s the story with this fucking couch in the news studio? Presenter was interviewing some bloke in an Aran Sweater there who was at D-Day commemorations, big screen was behind the couch so he was sitting half astride the couch trying to talk to him. Ridiculous looking

2 Likes

@Smark will deal with this.

1 Like

They’ve been sprawling presenters across that couch for the sports segment on the news for a while now - it’s like, “hey, here’s the sport news, sports ball is all casual and light-hearted and stuff, so I’m gonna do this on a couch”. Whipping it out for D-Day interviews though is a bold move.

Who whipped it out on the news😮?

He should have replaced Dobbo as their number 1. He’s a victim of the MeToo movement.

1 Like

I got my first erection watching her on Bosco when I was 7

There was some phlange on Bosco.

Yet another boost for Longford.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/rt-announces-new-agriculture-correspondent-as-george-lee-thanks-farmers-for-the-happy-memories-38209735.html

Wait til they knock Tyrone on their holes Saturday week.

Poor auld George really shot himself in the foot with his ill fated move into politics.

3 Likes