Rugby Players Rape Trial

Something I was wondering -would it not have been a serious gamble for the accused to claim solely digital penetration from the start of the police interviews if there were any possibility that the medical exams on the complainant could have contradicted this?

1 Like

[quote=
“KOS1987, post:989, topic:25773”]
Ireland have the lowest rates of conviction for rape in Europe, somewhere around 1% of those reported end in conviction.
[/quote]

Where are you getting these statistics? This article from 2009 puts it at 8% or reported cases. I’m sure its higher now. And as previously discussed theres a high conviction rate when cases get to court. It also says 9% of reported rapes were found to be false. So thats about 17% of cases resolved. It also says a third of cases that dont make it to court are because the victim decides not to pursue it. That could be for any number of reasons. The rape crisis centre rep said it could be down to the victims wanting to move on with their live which is fair enough. Not ideal obviously but again explains part of the gap between reports and convictions.

Now maybe the stats in that article are wrong but in any case its a massive difference to your 1%. While i appreciate it an emotive topic as i previously said to you spreading false information is hardly going to improve things. Its only going to put people off reporting.

She(?) has been called on these statistics repeatedly but continues to repeat them, egged on by morons like @sidney. Never mind that @Sidney is the biggest deviant on the forum.

The actual relevant numbers are that about 2/3 of rape cases end in conviction. There is a sum total of zero point arguing about potential rape cases that were not reported, its like arguing that Argentina should have won the 2014 World Cup.

Unless of course you want to hold people responsible for imagined crimes they weren’t accused of.

4 Likes

So Jackson and Olding get the call in the cafe at same time to go to cop shop… Harrison with them at the time and given he got a message from the girl saying what happened wasn’t consensual, I’d put my life on it he gave them a heads up. He also gave McIlroy a heads up on this too in his messages… how did they know it was a rape charge?

Anyway Olding and Jackson walk to police station and get a loose story together. Jackson knew he hadn’t ejaculated and therefore it would be next to impossible to prove sex, consensual or otherwise. So they both just said say no sex happened. Problem is… they forgot about Dara Florence walking in and seeing them and I’d guess they didn’t think about the messages either, or that the police could/would access them. That’s my guess anyway…they didn’t think for a second that it would get this far if they denied everything. Their word against hers.

2 Likes

What? It’s 7% of the 8% that get reported that end in a conviction. Actually according to the below recent stats in Ireland, it’s 0.3% of ALL sexual assaults that end in conviction… not ones that end up in court. And it would be 9% of 8% REPORTED assaults that are false. Not of all assaults that happen. Does that make sense to you?

http://www.stuartneilson.com/Articles/Sexual_Abuse/IE-Sexual-Offences.html

Are you referring to Ireland or the UK?

I’m talking about the statistics of rapes reported that end in conviction, not that happen in general. Those figures are correct. http://www.stuartneilson.com/Articles/Sexual_Abuse/IE-Sexual-Offences.html

If they’d all remembered about ms. Florence they might well have given different statements. The complainant seems to have been afforded the opportunity to dramatically change her account to fit emerging evidence.
If the defendants had dramatically changed their stories it would have been viewed with suspicion, but we’re all supposed to suspend our disbelief where the complainant is concerned?

8 years each for the bastards.

1 Like

Dramatically changed… ??? Nice adjective there. She walked out of her first interview and said oh I forgot to tell you someone came in… there and then. The guys never mentioned her, in any of their interviews. You do realise the alleged victim didnt didnt know Jackson said they didn’t have sex until the trial yeah? She wouldn’t have known any of their statements til the trial. They would have known hers since the police station, word to word. So if anyone had time to get a narrative in place between now and then… Dara Florence was a PROSECUTION witness… the defence didn’t want her at all.

A female friend was telling me that this case has caused a serious fall out between a few if her friends on a whatsapp group that probably ended one friendship forever it got so nasty.

It seemed to fall into a feminist v. Realist argument I am led to believe.

Women are crazy sometimes

2 Likes

The police were giving her updates etc. Her statements changed ‘significantly’. I think that word has been agreed?
Sorry for using the word 'dramatically".

The real victims in this entire mess

2 Likes

Word.

It’s a total cluster fuck.

Only people benefiting are the lawyers

Oh here we go again… go away. She would not have been told what their stance was. And the significant differences was referring to a medical she took in shock… that she can barely remember.
In her police interview she said she wasn’t sure about Olding, that he could have, she didn’t know.
If she was out to screw him too, why not push on this? Why defend Harrison in court? Why only try get McIlroy an exposure charge when she could have had him done for rape too given his testimony?
Because she has more integrity in her little finger than the four of them cowards put together, that’s why.

You dont even know who she is let alone what kind of person she is ffs. You’re incredibly emotional and irrational.

There’s an original line.

Yes, it is. Thanks.

1 Like

Anytime babez :sunglasses:

We’re being strictly policed in our lines and adjectives today!

:kissing_heart:

1 Like