Rugby Players Rape Trial

I’d say it’s firmly in cheek

Did I ask you? fuckface

1 Like

I am just pointing out you not getting it you fuckwit

Most certainly when their comments warrant that response.

Be the change you seek, @mickee321.

@anon61956325 and @Kos1987 get a room, yiz dirty fucks. :slight_smile:

are you standing over the ‘rape apologist’ jibe thrown out by you and some of the wums on here?

1 Like

No you are not making sense at all. Take a breath there and calm down. It is completely false to say that 1% of reported cases (to the guards, talking about any other figures is a waste of time) end in conviction.

How’s that then? How do your figures make sense?

I’ve only quoted accurate statistics on this thread and the archived one.

I’m pretty sure the only statistic I even quoted was the one about 58% of UK rape cases which go to trial resulting in a conviction. I believe this statistic generally comes in at around the 60% mark for five year periods, year on year.

Please do quote where I’ve quoted inaccurate ones.

You won’t, of course.

Didn’t Brendan Behan say that the definition of a queer in Ireland was somebody who preferred women to drink?

would anyone have the conviction statistics for rape cases that go to trial where a female eywitness states she saw consensual sexual activity but not rape ?

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/0iCd0rGEH9c

Good point about the lack of ejaculation but could the accused really have known for sure that the forensics couldn’t have proven sex? Especially if it were as rough and extensive as the complainant has claimed?

One other point is that Jackson definitely knew about the bleeding and again if he wan’t sure that was caused by digital penetration, wouldn’t it have been a gamble to stick by that line?

You’re right about them seemingly forgetting the witness.

1 Like

Ah jaysis. Even that blog you posted finished with the following;

“It should be noted that more than 90% of sexual offences that are recorded do not result in a conviction”

Ergo one could surmise from that at least 10% do end in conviction. Would you agree?

• The conviction rate for rape is 58%. That bears repeating. The conviction rate for rape, is 58%. The conviction rate for reportable crimes of all types is 57%. I know you will have heard the figure of 6%. Everyone has. That figure is actually an attrition rate, not a conviction rate, and even as an attrition rate it is wrong – the attrition rate for rape is in the region of 12%.

An attrition rate is the amount of convictions resulting from reports of a crime, and is not routinely calculated for any crime other than rape. Therefore without manually undertaking the exercise, it is impossible to compare the (true) attrition figure for rape with other crimes. A conviction rate is the amount of convictions following a trial, and is calculated for all reportable crimes. *

3 Likes

Oooooffffffffttttttt

1 Like

@KOS1987 any comment?

Well done on quoting that statistic, pal.

I’d already done it seven posts previously, and weeks ago on the original thread.

And so the mistrial appears

1 Like